• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

Fiz caught one...

Clausen slid to the second in one of those first day slides that always seems to happen, no one would have been surprised to see him anywhere in the top ten. But they didn't, he slid to the second. What's surprising is that he made it to the middle of the second, and that puts so much smoke out you just know there's a fire somewhere.

Before the draft, Clausen got some really negative rumors spread around about his lack of leadership and abrasive personality. I'm sure that didn't help as far as round one is concerned. After that, it was a perfect storm:

• St. Louis already got Bradford, and they weren't about to take another QB.
  • Minnesota desperately needed a cornerback, and think Favre is good for two more years
  • Tampa Bay has their franchise QB (*snort*)
  • Kansas City has more needs than there are positions, and they just sunk a lot of money into Cassell
  • Philadelphia isn't ready for another QB controversy
  • Holmgren just got rid of a Notre Dame QB, and isn't interested in the next one.
  • Tampa Bay again....
  • Miami has their QB position well set.
  • Buffalo is a big freaking mystery. They should have jumped at the chance, but didn't. And that's why they're the Bills.
  • New England doesn't need another QB for years
  • Baltimore has Flacco
  • Oakland has a bazillion dollars sunk into the QB position already, and Davis is probably shy about taking another "can't miss" prospect there.
  • Denver got a QB in round one
  • NYG has Eli
  • and Arizona, who I thought would take Clausen, apparently decided that fixing their defense took priority.

A perfect storm of other needs and poor judgement was needed to get Clausen in Carolina, and we got one.

So does he have character issues? Go find out. Give me something concrete. Otherwise, laugh about it and wait for training camp. I'm really looking forward to it this year. :)

I'm still wondering exactly where these character concerns came from in the first place. I mean, was it his teammates that started this, the media, his coaches? Who exactly was it that first brought this issue up? As far as I know, he's never been arrested for anything or forced himself on some drunk college girl while his buddies blocked the door, so what exactly is it?

I'm still wondering exactly where these character concerns came from in the first place. I mean, was it his teammates that started this, the media, his coaches? Who exactly was it that first brought this issue up? As far as I know, he's never been arrested for anything or forced himself on some drunk college girl while his buddies blocked the door, so what exactly is it?

He was just a young idiot coming out of high school....renting limos and riding around like he was hot stuff, making all types of predictions, then he went to Notre Dame where former QBs like Steve Buererlein thought he was kinda an idiot and doofus and voiced it during his first two seasons there......he earned a lot of it......

....his final season he seemed to be turning a corner and changing people's opinions of him.

He was just a young idiot coming out of high school....renting limos and riding around like he was hot stuff, making all types of predictions, then he went to Notre Dame where former QBs like Steve Buererlein thought he was kinda an idiot and doofus and voiced it during his first two seasons there......he earned a lot of it......

....his final season he seemed to be turning a corner and changing people's opinions of him.

Well, I've heard this over and over by a lot more people than Beurlein, and I just wonder how many of these people had actually met the guy in person before they spoke their opinions. I don't even care what he did in HS anyway. We were all dumb ass teenagers once.

• 3 weeks later...

Just recently a ton of teams passed on Aaron Rodgers in the 05 draft.

Here is a list of some of those teams and the player they drafted over Aaron Rodgers:

Balt Ravens (Mark Clayton) Vikings (Erasmus James, Troy Williamson) Rams (Alex Baron) Chiefs (Derrick Johnson) Jaguars (Matt Jones) Lions (Mike Williams) Redskins (Carlos Rodgers) Titans (Adam Jones) Bears (C Benson)

The #1 pick that draft was Alex Smith

Look at how many busts were in those picks. I think it is safe to say all of those teams regret passing on Rodgers.

Heck, look at all the teams that passed on Dan Marino (26 of them). Marino was the 6th QB selected that draft behind Ken O'Brien, Tony Eason and Todd Blackledge.

All I am saying, I think its best to pick your words carefully. Even well known guys fall when they shouldn't.

Archived