• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

you don't really believe that arizona, oakland, st louis, san francisco or buffalo don't need a QB.

Oakland has their QB. The Rams got theirs.

The rest of them? No clue. Maybe they just didn't like his face or haircut, like SLJ? :out:

And no, I don't really believe that, but with no evidence I can't see why he would drop for any other reason.

EDIT:

not necessarily. kris jenkins made it into the nfl without anyone knowing he had sleep apnea.

Rofl.

just remember two things

*no one good enough to work in the nfl works for any of the networks or magazines. not a single one of them.

*the scouts and GMs use ESPN et al against other teams, spreading false information, like belichick tricking mangini into drafting gholston for example.

there's a reason he dropped. and don't f**king tell me "drew brees was a 2nd rounder, aaron rodgers dropped" because it's a completely irrelevant appeal to history. two years from now, I don't want to see his crying mother on the news saying "I thought he just liked to collect child sized shoes" or something.

So if I'm to believe that the rest of the teams who needed a quarterback in the draft has a smarter front office than us (Buffalo, Oakland, etc), then I should also believe that there's a reason that The Golden Calf of Bristol went in the first round?

Oakland has their QB. The Rams got theirs.

hurf a fuging durf i forgot the first pick of the draft

also oakland didn't get campbell until after clausen was off the board.

And no, I don't really believe that, but with no evidence I can't see why he would drop for any other reason.

there is a reason is the thing.

there's always a reason

Rofl.

also gaines adams just fuging died of a diagnosable disorder.

So if I'm to believe that the rest of the teams who needed a quarterback in the draft has a smarter front office than us (Buffalo, Oakland, etc), then I should also believe that there's a reason that The Golden Calf of Bristol went in the first round?

josh mcdaniels is receiving money from focus on the family which is based out of colorado springs

hurf a f**king durf i forgot the first pick of the draft

Then why even list them? They felt a different QB on the board was better.

also oakland didn't get campbell until after clausen was off the board.

True, but maybe it was planned. Oakland gets ridiculed about every other decision.

there is a reason is the thing.

there's always a reason

If it's a serious reason then why has no one heard it?

also gaines adams just f**king died of a diagnosable disorder.

How are either of those situations comparable to information being leaked? Weren't those situations about people not knowing? What you are proposing is that a number of teams already know something bad about him.

For crying out loud, Tom Brady dropped to the 6th round, but there's about 28 teams that would love to have him right now. There are HOFers that weren't even drafted or were drafted in the 14th round back in the day.

Clausen played in an NFL offense in college and made every throw in the book, as well as calling his own audibles in college, unlike most of these spread QB's. He is light years ahead of every other QB in this draft when it comes to the learning curve, so there is no reason to believe he will fail, unless he just turns out to be a grade A asshole who refuses to work at his craft. Hell, even if he is an asshole, I don't care as long as he puts in the work and gets the job done.

Worse case scenerio...he becomes a good back up.

just remember two things

*no one good enough to work in the nfl works for any of the networks or magazines. not a single one of them. *the scouts and GMs use ESPN et al against other teams, spreading false information, like belichick tricking mangini into drafting gholston for example.

there's a reason he dropped. and don't f**king tell me "drew brees was a 2nd rounder, aaron rodgers dropped" because it's a completely irrelevant appeal to history. two years from now, I don't want to see his crying mother on the news saying "I thought he just liked to collect child sized shoes" or something.

:D

I'm not shy in my praise of Mike Mayock as the best draft analyst out there, and it sounds like NFL teams agree with the assessment.

Mayock told Joe Rose on WQAM Thursday (Via Omar Kelly) that he's had "three or four offers to join NFL front offices" but that "it wasn't the right time."

One of those offers may have come from the Raiders. Mayock was tied to Oakland as a possible successor to Mike Lombardi three years ago, although the team denied the report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/mike-mayock-is-a-wanted-man/

How are either of those situations comparable to information being leaked? Weren't those situations about people not knowing? What you are proposing is that a number of teams already know something bad about him.

gaines adams was about something specifically not leaking that was serious. there's no reason the bears or bucs shouldn't have known he had an enlarged heart.

alright here are all the options

1. he's as good as advertised, there are no red flags, and it was just a combination of bad drafting and luck that landed him in carolina

2. he's not as good as advertised

3. he's as good as advertised, but there was something that made him drop which A. the panthers don't know about or B. they do and don't think is a serious concern

they've rolled the dice on health issues before and won and lost (stewart, nelson respectively) so gah

the decision and consequences are greatly amplified due to the position, and this is a much bigger gamble than selecting a center or a runningback.

alright here are all the options

1. he's as good as advertised, there are no red flags, and it was just a combination of bad drafting and luck that landed him in carolina

2. he's not as good as advertised

3. he's as good as advertised, but there was something that made him drop which A. the panthers don't know about or B. they do and don't think is a serious concern

they've rolled the dice on health issues before and won and lost (stewart, nelson respectively) so gah

the decision and consequences are greatly amplified due to the position, and this is a much bigger gamble than selecting a center or a runningback.

Every draft pick is a gamble. All you can ask is that the Panthers do their homework, which they apparently did, and hope for the best with those top picks. It sure as hell don't do anybody any good to complain about a pick before they ever step on the field.

just remember two things

*no one good enough to work in the nfl works for any of the networks or magazines. not a single one of them.

*the scouts and GMs use ESPN et al against other teams, spreading false information, like belichick tricking mangini into drafting gholston for example.

I believe another reason teams did not go qb is

Jake Locker/Andrew Luck/Ryan Mallet/Pat Devlin> Sam Bradford/Jiimmy Clausen/Colt McCoy/The Golden Calf of Bristol

gaines adams was about something specifically not leaking that was serious. there's no reason the bears or bucs shouldn't have known he had an enlarged heart.

How many people knew, though?

The idea in this situation is that tons of people know.

Either way, I hope he works out. If he turns out to be a pedophile then, well, they gambled and lost, I suppose.

He really can't be any worse than Smitty.

His attitude should be the last concern you guys have.

attitude is a big deal, but people on this forum seem to think that even if you tie your shoes the wrong way, you're not a good fit for the team..

Archived