• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

He was also the 3rd ranked QB in the country with regard to efficiency, while playing in a pro-style offense as opposed to an offense catered to QB accuracy like Florida with The Golden Calf of Bristol. He was almost as accurate as The Golden Calf of Bristol and McCoy and those guys were playing in shotgun/spreads while Jimmy was playing under center. In a similar offense to Matt Ryan from a few years ago (similar style at least), Matt Ryan had a completion percentage of 59% compared to Clausen's 68%. Matt Ryan has done pretty damn well if you ask me...

clausen will probably be the first QB taken and would require the world to draft.

tate as it stands now is a second round player that will climb a little depending on his combine. Any deal to grab clausen would almost certainly require the 2010 2nd rounder.

it's just no feasible.

to get clausen you'd almost certainly have to give up a first rounder (again), a 2010 second, and a starter

Interesting

literally if you had told anyone that clausen was going to be there at 48 they'd have wondered if he had AIDS

Exactly....which is why I don't understand so much of the criticism for the pick other than the emotional connection to Matt Moore.

just remember two things

*no one good enough to work in the nfl works for any of the networks or magazines. not a single one of them.

*the scouts and GMs use ESPN et al against other teams, spreading false information, like belichick tricking mangini into drafting gholston for example.

there's a reason he dropped. and don't fuging tell me "drew brees was a 2nd rounder, aaron rodgers dropped" because it's a completely irrelevant appeal to history. two years from now, I don't want to see his crying mother on the news saying "I thought he just liked to collect child sized shoes" or something.

there's a reason he dropped. and don't f**king tell me "drew brees was a 2nd rounder, aaron rodgers dropped" because it's a completely irrelevant appeal to history. two years from now, I don't want to see his crying mother on the news saying "I thought he just liked to collect child sized shoes" or something.

They didn't need him?

If it was anything substantial wouldn't it have been leaked already? Also, I want to see his crying mother on the news saying that. That would be hilarious. Wait a minute, that would make me evil and sick. :sosp:

Archived