• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/panthers/2010-04-23-jimmy-clausen-draft_N.htm

Already running his mouth. Get ready for it. No need to tell the world your new orgnanization was trying to trade up to get you in my opinion. Humble the kid is not.

sorry...i don't have a problem with this. if he's a panthers QB i want him to want to start. i want him to fight for the job and expect it. i want him to not just want to be the best but to think he is.

he's confident in himself and his ability. if he can take that job from moore...cool.

i want the best player...the best QB to have the job.

here's what i think of matt moore's confidence....if it has to be sheltered in order for him to succeed i'm not sure i want him. the panthers QB needs to be a confident competitor in every phase. if moore can't handle it then cut him loose.

again....still a moore supporter and don't like clausen all that much but for him to expect to win that job....good. thats what we need.

Positive or negative, there's not any comparison between the two. They have practically nothing in common.
If anything, Clausen might have more in common with Jay Cutler or maybe Phillip Rivers. Honestly, I don't like that.

My biggest fear, however, is that Clausen could end up being as big an embarrassment to the franchise as Kerry Collins.

Where did he say anything wrong in that article? The dude might not be perfect, but he won't last long with an arrogant attitude anyway. He will either shut up for his own good or get shut up (by other players, the organization or by his opponents if he doesn't perform).

31 other teams had a chance at this supposed "franchise QB" (some had 2 or more shots), some with much worse QB situations than us, and passed. Clausen was bailed out all year long by Tate taking the ball away from defenders, through double teams and turning dump offs into huge gains. All of this against that weak ass schedule ND plays. Way too many holes on this team to use our first pick on a guy that apparently has some serious enough issues to free fall from his media hyped top 10 spot to the middle of the 2nd round.

And teams passed on Matt Moore 255 times in 2007, whats your flipping point? Kind of ruins your first point doesnt it.

Moore was fairly average in all of his starts, and alot of the time was helped greatly by Smith getting unprecedented YAC.

I am no Clausen fan, mostly out of spite due to my hatred of Notre Dame, but he can make any throw on the field. He wasnt the reason Notre Dame lost games, the fact that they had what could be considered one of the worst defenses in NCAA history is why Notre Dame struggled over the last half decade. Clausen singlehandedly kept them in games they had no business being in.

I'm complaining cause its unreal to me that they didn't get Matt any help, but decided to get him some competition. I mean what's going on here. Its not helping, but hurting us. Cause its not like Jimmy going to beat out Moore, and just lead us to the playoffs. Are we concentrating on this year or what

No matter how accurate Matt is, doesn't matter with no go to guys. We're going to be one dimensional again this year. I can see it now. Lafell? Come on now

What did you have in mind? Trade up to the first round and take Dez Bryant? I mean is Arrelious Benn REALLY that much better of a prospect than Brandon LaFell.

The bottom line is that Fox and Hurney pick out THEIR GUYS. Think about how bad Delhomme was last year and it took them all dang year to play Matt Moore. Why? Because he isn't there guy. I remember reading something last year on here that Fox wasn't a fan of Moore's laid-back attitude and wanted someone with more intensity.

Its not like Matt Moore is a freakin All-star QB yet. He hasn't earned anything at all. He is better than Jake Delhomme...but who the hell isn't??

The last thing I wanted this year was to be high and dry without options at the most important position in sports. Now we have an abundance of options...and it will make sure that there is a battle for the #1 spot instead of a guy like Delhomme knowing he has it locked up every year.

Lafell Notoriously drops passes most notably in big games. Why in gods name would anyone want someone like that on their team. Especially when we have repeatedly drafted WR with bad hands. This kid all ready has bad hands. (Braylon Edwards part 2)

As for Clausen, anyone else notice that Notre Dame lost so many games with him as quarterback that the Coach got fired. No one was talking about firing Charlie when Quin was his quarterback. And Quin sucks.

Lafell Notoriously drops passes most notably in big games. Why in gods name would anyone want someone like that on their team. Especially when we have repeatedly drafted WR with bad hands. This kid all ready has bad hands. (Braylon Edwards part 2)

As for Clausen, anyone else notice that Notre Dame lost so many games with him as quarterback that the Coach got fired. No one was talking about firing Charlie when Quin was his quarterback. And Quin sucks.

exactly my point, who gives 2 shits if he ran a pro style offense? if you cant beat college bums u cant win in the pros, enough said

Despite everyone's knee-jerk reactions, I have a good feeling this pick will work out beautifully in the end. In one way or another.

And, on Tate, everyone is forgetting that Brandon LaFell is 6' 2" with a comparable weight. Any WR we were gonna get was gonna be someone who is big for one reason: It is essential that they have the ability to BLOCK. Tate is good as a receiver, but LaFell will be better in that he will be an excellent blocker.

If only Jacoby Ford had fallen so we could get him as well. He's wicked fast, and he can block. Oh well, though. Shoulda coulda woulda.

Archived