• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

This reminds me of when the Giants had Hurt Warner and they drafted Eli Manning. (I am not comparing Moore to Warner or Jimmy to Eli) What I am saying is Warner was a good Qb for them but they got Eli because he would be a franchise QB and Warner was old. Well, Warner was the starter for a while and played solid, and you could just tell that the Giants were just waiting for him to make one mistake so they could get their franchie Qb in to play. Sure enough, Warner had a bad game and the next thing you know he was on the bench and Eli was starting. My point is, that this is what will happen to Moore, he could play great all season or for 8 games, but no matter what he does the Panthers are going to be starting Jimmy sooner or later thats why they drafted him and it is ashame. so dont get used to Moore he could play great for a season or two, but in the end he will not be our Qb. What a joke.

First off, Warner completely reinvented himself in Arizona, let's not pretend that he was a pro bowler while he was in NY. Go look up the numbers if you wish. Secondly, that decision didn't work out too badly for the Giants when they won the SuperBowl, did it?

the cowboys drated aikman number 1 in 89' then turned around and drafted steve walsh number 1 in the supplemental draft(dallas gave up their number 1 the following season which was the first pick of that draft)so they had two number one picks on their roster and for a time many debated who would be better but aikman won out and walsh became a back up most of his career. we need to let this competition play out and see who is the best(it could end up being moore)

lol cut the nicest, most well liked player on the team (without cap relief) under the guise you're going to anoint the guy who's been in the system for three years, then turn around and draft the biggest asshole available

there goes that team chemistry

Spare me the team chemistry argument. The Patriots and the Eagles treat their players like crap. Yet they're in the playoffs every year and won championships. The Pats cut productive players all the time. The Eagles cut players once they reach the age of 30.

First off, Warner completely reinvented himself in Arizona, let's not pretend that he was a pro bowler while he was in NY. Go look up the numbers if you wish. Secondly, that decision didn't work out too badly for the Giants when they won the SuperBowl, did it?

Yeah it worked out a few years later, but they didnt even give Warner the chance he deserved. Even when Eli played, his first and second season were not "stellar" by any means

Pat Y article on Clausen and Moore.

Delhomme was Fox and Hurney’s guy. They stuck with him far too long and when they finally cut him in February, Moore became the heir apparent partly because of his play last year, but mainly because he was the only other quarterback on the roster besides Hunter Cantwell.

By draft right, and by Fox’s close friendship with former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, Clausen automatically becomes Fox and Hurney’s guy. That carries a lot of implications for a coach and a general manager, who clearly are heading into the season on the hottest of seats.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/9798/clausen-could-mean-less-for-moore

Let me start off by saying that I think Jimmy is the best Qb in the draft and I think he is the real deal. Now, with that being said, I think this pick was crazy. What about Moore now? I am not saying Moore is the next Tom Brady or anything like that, but I think he will be pretty darn good. Every game he has played in, he has looked great. Does excatly what is aked of him. Sure you can say he played against teams at the end of the season, but he still played against the starters of the Vikings and Giants and torched them. Granted, the Giants were not as good as the Vikes, but they were still an 8-8 team, but he lit up the starters of the Vikes. He should be our Qb for years to come.

Drating Jimmy is pretty much saying "Good bye Moore, we never had faith in you anyway" That is complete BS. Just because Fox didnt like his character you draft a Qb in the second round to pretty much replace him. Moore has proven he can play. What are they gonna do when Moore turns out to be pretty solid and wins a lot of games. Trade him? That would be stupid because then your gonna let an unproven guy play over an already proven player. Of course, If Moore doesnt work out we do have a good backup. But that could have been addressed in FA or a later qb pick.

This reminds me of when the Giants had Hurt Warner and they drafted Eli Manning. (I am not comparing Moore to Warner or Jimmy to Eli) What I am saying is Warner was a good Qb for them but they got Eli because he would be a franchise QB and Warner was old. Well, Warner was the starter for a while and played solid, and you could just tell that the Giants were just waiting for him to make one mistake so they could get their franchie Qb in to play. Sure enough, Warner had a bad game and the next thing you know he was on the bench and Eli was starting. My point is, that this is what will happen to Moore, he could play great all season or for 8 games, but no matter what he does the Panthers are going to be starting Jimmy sooner or later thats why they drafted him and it is ashame. so dont get used to Moore he could play great for a season or two, but in the end he will not be our Qb. What a joke.

I want a great player. Not a "pretty darn good" player.

i see so many people questioning clausen's attitude and such, but don't you really need someone at qb that a liitle cocky and confident provided he can channel it in the right direction. i have never heard from TEAMATES OR COACHES that he is a terrible teamate or not a leader(he just has alot of swagger which most of us seem like about number 89 but not this guy)

Why do people think the Panthers OWE Matt Moore something?

i agree, dehlomme had a better resume( super bowl,nfc championship game appearances) so he had a little more rope than moore has but he still has a chance to show his stuff if he is up to the task. if he is clearly better than clausen going into the season and plays the way he did at the end of last season when teams will be game planning against him this year he will play no matter what the media thinks will happen

Perhaps but there is a reason he fell however. And he is running his mouth trying to make it look like a team valued him so high they were trying to trade up to get him. Lesson should be to the Panthers that maybe trading up and giving away picks isn't always necessary. Quit over valuing players Hurney/Fox.

“Bradford is a really quiet, understated guy. Clausen is a bit of a [jerk]. He’s not afraid to tell guys what needs to be said. He’ll get in somebody’s face in a hurry. You need that from your quarterback, as long as he does it in the right way.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-clausenpanthers042310

The situation left Clausen with a rather large tweak to his ego.

“It’s frustrating sometimes,” Clausen said. “It’s definitely going to be in the back of my mind every single time I step on the field, every time I step into the facility to work out and watch film to make me that much better.”

Will be funny to see how he reacts if Moore beats him out. However, there is NO way Hurney/Fox let Moore beat him out EVEN if Moore out competes him. No way.

As opposed to the humility of a guy like, say, Jeremy Shockey :rolleyes:

And then there's this prick...

Before the Saints won the first Super Bowl in franchise history, our pal Mike Freeman of CBS teed off on the Sean Payton regime, pointing out the coach who looks like Malcolm in the Middle has been acting a bit more like one of Malcolm's older brothers.

Based on a review of the e-mails that Bigad Shaban of WWL-TV exchanged with Bensel, it appears that the organization wants the local media to behave like an extension of the P.R. department, trumpeting the positive news and overlooking anything that may cast the Saints in a negative light.

Said one member of the New Orleans media who asked to be kept anonymous for fear of retaliation from the team, "That story truly shows how the Saints treat the local media. . . . If your name isn't Costas, King, Glazer, or Werder, the team completely bullies and blows you off."

The source also tells us that Shaban isn't the only local reporter who has received borderline hostile e-mails from the team.

This attitude from the Saints toward the local media is unfortunate, and it's wrong. The Saints have benefited from an enormous amount of goodwill from people in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. It doesn't mean that the organization has earned the privilege of never being called out or questioned by the folks who cover it.

(link)

Why do people think the Panthers OWE Matt Moore something?

They may not OWE him....but to me it's crazy not to let him build on the success he had at the end of last season. It should be Moore's job to lose. Say what you want, the man was a winner last season. If Moore fails... fine, yank him.... But it should be his job until he proves otherwise.

They may not OWE him....but to me it's crazy not to let him build on the success he had at the end of last season. It should be Moore's job to lose. Say what you want, the man was a winner last season. If Moore fails... fine, yank him.... But it should be his job until he proves otherwise.

Did Fox or Hurney say that Clausen was the starter day 1?

Archived