• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

I like the pick. Sure, I'm just gonna re-hash everything that has been said, but oh well. Clausen is a solid QB with great potential and up side. I see very few flaws that can't be worked out through an off-season program and I'm sure he can figure out our system pretty quick.

Having competition with Moore is a GOOD thing. You don't just start Moore just because. Yeah, he did a hell of a job last year. Yeah, I love him. But let's see how he does with a REAL QB to contend with (not jake delhomme). LaFell was a good pick up as was Edwards. 2 receivers to battle for spots on the field, possibly could help Smith wind up in the slot like he wants (my opinion, Steve Smith will be our #1, outside threat until he leaves or retires. Just my opinion).

We will see in the next few months leading up to August how it all shapes out. I have high hopes for all 3 of these picks. I thought we did surprisingly well. Perfect world, we get Tate, trade up for McCoy (or even Clausen if it is the case that the FO loves Jimmy), boom, everybody wins. But, its not. We got what we got. No use in cryin over it. I like it. Now lets get some depth defensively.

Lol, I knew this place was going to explode with this pick. Like I said yesterday, I like Moore, but let's keep it real. At best, he is a solid game manager that would be fine as a starter, but nothing special. Clausen, on the other hand, has the skillset and talent to be an elite QB that can put a team on his back and carry it to victory.

As has been stated, his attitude is the main reason Clausen dropped (Along with a lot of teams having more pressing needs than QB), but from his interviews, I think he realizes that he needs to change it, and that it's time to grow up. Now, I'm sure he'll always have an edge, but so does pretty much every great QB, so I don't have a problem with that. I also think it will be a huge benefit for him to be surrounded by such positive influences like DeAngelo, Stewart, Beason, etc. One other thing, don't forget that Fox and Weis are VERY good friends, and you can bet that he got the inside scoop on Clausen and the perception of his attitude. So if Fox had gotten the word that Clausen's attitude would/could be a problem, I guarantee the team would have gone in a different direction.

Clausen DOES tend to throw high over the middle, but that can be coached. And that's almost literally his only problem.

I also wonder how much the toe injury he played with all year effected his ability to step into his throws...particularly the deep ones.

I watched a lot of Claussen last season and actually liked the idea of getting him until Moore stepped up. After that I figured we'd have bigger needs, but we got him and still managed to address our biggest need with a good player.

I do wish there were fewer embarrassing looking pictures of him though. Trolls could have a field day with some of those :(

I do wish there were fewer embarrassing looking pictures of him though. Trolls could have a field day with some of those :(

Any picture of him is practically embarassing in my opinion...

I hope most of the photos of him in a Panthers uniform involve a helmet.

You're 100% sure Moore is a franchise QB? The owner, GM, QB coach, O coach, and head coach probably disagree. You should join the staff and change their minds and we'll cut Jimmy Jam in training camp.

Jimmy Jam? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!!? inb494320840293nicknamethreads

Archived