• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen disscusion here

Fiz

what if moore starts the season like hes peyton manning and we have clausen our "future qb" on the bench then what will we do?

Then we'll trade Jimmy or let him be the backup... if Matt Moore plays great than it's a win-win...

Also, regarding Clausens attitude.. I love it. I love competitiveness and a cocky attitude. Reminds me of Philip Rivers.

what if moore starts the season like hes peyton manning and we have clausen our "future qb" on the bench then what will we do?

Then Clausen stays on the bench as a back-up and you trade him in a couple of years or let him walk. No biggie, because you did not invest Top 10 money in him.

Like it or not, we all need to accept that Matt Moore is unproven. We all want to believe that he is a proven veteran. He has had a few good games and I like what I saw. But, so did Derek Anderson.

"I think it's going to help me tremendously, being in coach Weis' system," Clausen said of the offense run by John Fox in Carolina. "Coach Fox told me he said it was the same exact system I've played in the last three years. I'm really excited about that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13283226/clausen-goes-to-carolina-with-49th-pick-in-second-round?tag=headlines;headlines

Clausen = first year starter. He has 3 years of starting experience in the same offense.

Panthers new QB Jimmy Clausen on his goal: "My goal is to try to be the starter from day one. That is going to be my mentality -- be the starter from day one and whatever the coaches want me to do, I will do it to the best of my ability."

Panthers new QB Jimmy Clausen: "I'm so excited to be a member of the Carolina Panthers and I just want to tell you that (this team) made the best pick in the NFL draft and I'm going to make you guys proud."

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/audio/Jimmy-Clausen-Interview/eaa6dfa1-1589-4ce2-a173-60f373a445c6

A link to his interview.

Link to Hurney about Clausen video and a story from panthers.com

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Clause-for-celebration/31c56ce4-bbb5-49e3-b5f6-cb901c992567

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Clause-for-celebration/31c56ce4-bbb5-49e3-b5f6-cb901c992567

Also has been at least guaranteed the backup QB spot and a shot at the starting spot in Camp.....Via CBSsportsline.

Then we'll trade Jimmy or let him be the backup... if Matt Moore plays great than it's a win-win...

Also, regarding Clausens attitude.. I love it. I love competitiveness and a cocky attitude. Reminds me of Philip Rivers.

Reminds me of another Chargers QB instead :o

Every single dipshit cock sucking inbred hick fan that posts from the burger king near their meth dealers house is going to rave aboutthis because they f**king know poo about poo.

f**k this entire board fuxk everythinng

I'm going to take all the acid I can find and check into the rock and roll hotel

shed this f**king mortal choil

f**k you god. I'm coming to piss in your mouth.

classic fiz, been wondering where you've been

Someone's guaranteed to get traded in a couple of years, that's for sure.

Not really a lock (see Favre/Rodgers)

I wasn't happy with the Claussen pick because I didn't want us taking a future project over a present. and quite glaring, need.

But in retrospect, it didn't turn out as bad as I would have feared.

The guy I'd have preferred (Arrelious Benn) was already gone. I wasn't as high on the idea of drafting Golden Tate because he would have essentially been Steve Smith II rather than a guy with a different skill set who could have served as a complementary threat. I'd have been okay with it, mind you, but would have preferred otherwise.

Besides Tate, the only receiver to be drafted between the 48th and 78th selection was Damian Williams, and given the history of this team (and others) with USC receivers, that would have been disappointing.

Had we not gotten LaFell, I'd have been very unhappy about the Claussen pick. As it is now, I'm okay with it. I still see Moore as the starter, but we've got a guy that we can develop for down the road.

(and a QB coach that actually seems able to do it...finally)

Archived