• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh those silly Pirates

Murph

Worst loss in franchise history yesterday (20-0). 17 straight seasons with a losing record, the longest of any team in the 4 major professional sports in this country. And when did that losing streak start? (best part starts at 1:50)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unlikely. They won't re-sign players once they are proven. Not to mention that division is always tough.

You're saying that its likely that they NEVER make the playoffs again? I find that very hard to believe.

I actually think Neal Huntington has them on the right path, they're drafting and signing guys that might not be high-upside but they have a fairly high ceiling and will be pro-ready soon. He came into a really bad situation, he deserves a few years to remake that farm system and see what he can do with the team.

You're saying that its likely that they NEVER make the playoffs again? I find that very hard to believe.

I actually think Neal Huntington has them on the right path, they're drafting and signing guys that might not be high-upside but they have a fairly high ceiling and will be pro-ready soon. He came into a really bad situation, he deserves a few years to remake that farm system and see what he can do with the team.

this x100

Obviously I meant a "fairly high floor", but I think I got the point I was trying to make across.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived