• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Going to the Nats game tonight.

Squirrel

They are cleaning it up. Went last year but we didnt get there in time to checkout the area. Used to be slums with the building of the stadium they did alot condemning of old buildings. Also the Metro is right near the stadium so you dont have to deal with traffic. Really nice stadium.

I live in DC and go to all the braves games here. They built the stadium first, and now apartments/retail/restaurants are going up. It'll be a few more years before there are good entertainment options around the park.

The good thing: tickets are dirt cheap. Several times I've been handed free tickets by someone on the metro or outside the stadium. Once, this old lady gave me two front row tickets for free (mind you i was decked out in braves gear). Turns out the seats were right behind the braves dugout. I could hear every word Bobby Cox said. Brian McCann gave me a ball.

Anyways, I've never payed more than $15 for a Nats ticket. And the ushers are very lax there so you can always sit in some good lower level seats no matter what your ticket says.

Also, they have a five guys in the stadium (upper level, right-centerfield).

I live in DC and go to all the braves games here. They built the stadium first, and now apartments/retail/restaurants are going up. It'll be a few more years before there are good entertainment options around the park.

The good thing: tickets are dirt cheap. Several times I've been handed free tickets by someone on the metro or outside the stadium. Once, this old lady gave me two front row tickets for free (mind you i was decked out in braves gear). Turns out the seats were right behind the braves dugout. I could hear every word Bobby Cox said. Brian McCann gave me a ball.

Anyways, I've never payed more than $15 for a Nats ticket. And the ushers are very lax there so you can always sit in some good lower level seats no matter what your ticket says.

This is GREAT to hear. I have a few relatives in Balt and we are trying to do a baseball weekend. Orioles/Nat's and maybe sneak up to Philly.

oh, now i HAVE to go down for a phillies nats game soon.

Went to my first Nationals game this season on Saturday. Tough loss, but so glad we didn't get that rain the weathermen were predicting.

But agreed, the Stadium is amazing. They really did an excellent job designing it, and all the local food vendors (Five Guys, Ben's Chili Bowl, Hard Times, etc.) just give it that little extra flare. A game at Nats stadium is always a good time.

And yet, in spite of our beutiful new house, and our winning team, we only get 18,000 fans on a good day! And it's unforgivable how we let opposing fans take over our park every game (The only solace is knowing how much money we get from Sox fans every time they play here. That 4-game series last year probably paid for Strasburg). We need this winning season in the worst way.

Archived