• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we're interested in colt mccoy

Fiz

fail. total smoke screen. lol hurney is so smart... we'll trade up, yeah... making everyone think we're just gonna go after colt mccoy before anyone else can trade up... then we'll take golden tate or arrelious benn. i'm not stupid, adam schefter may be though.

Also, not long ago, we were told by a source we trust that the Panthers were interested in The Golden Calf of Bristol in Round 2, but not McCoy. We don't think that has changed.

Besides, Carolina seems committed to keeping next year's first-round pick and also not dealing away their third or fourth round picks this year

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/04/draft-buzz-30-with-The Golden Calf of Bristol-gone-how-about-colt-mccoy-to-panthers.html

I mean Jimmy Calusen is on the board.

Why are we more interested in a small, weak armed QB when a stud from a pro style is still on the god damn board.

I mean

just

ugh god dammit.

i was kind of thinking the same thing. are we assuming he wont be there to what ever spot CAR might be able to trade up to.

We finally have a guy in Moore who looks like he can be our guy, and now the front office wants to try to find a franchise quarterback -- even when there will be some great receivers on the board when they pick?

Why didn't they try to do this years ago?

It won't matter who's throwing the ball if there's only one guy to throw it to and he's double-covered (for the record, I think some of the young receivers on the team will step up -- but you get my point).

We finally have a guy in Moore who looks like he can be our guy, and now the front office wants to try to find a franchise quarterback -- even when there will be some great receivers on the board when they pick?

Why didn't they try to do this years ago?

It won't matter who's throwing the ball if there's only one guy to throw it to and he's double-covered (for the record, I think some of the young receivers on the team will step up -- but you get my point).

i agree we need a reciever this year, if moore doesnt work out we can always draft one next year

don't trust la canfora..how many times does he say we are interested in someone just because of his own opinion..his source is probably some radio host or reporter..

He used to be a pretty good source, but overt he past year I've seen him whiff more than a few times. He actually reported that we had signed a DL from Kansas City (forget his name) and it never happened.

Smokescreen... 100%...

There are teams ahead of us that could use a WR and a QB... If they think we are threatening to jump up to snag McCoy, they'll be more focused on that than looking over their WR lists...

Very possible. The Browns are one of those teams.

McCoy fits way better into the kind of system Holmgren prefers (but isn't running...yet) than he does our offense.

Archived