• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cubs Now Have Most Expensive Setup Man In Baseball

JakeFlake

Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella is moving struggling starter Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen, and the move might not be temporary.

"I told him we really needed him in the bullpen," Piniella told reporters in New York before facing the Mets, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. "We felt he could do a really nice job for us there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5123176

Of course, the sportstalkers are all about this topic this AM.

Lots of stuff to examine.

Message being sent? To whom?

To Ricketts- Hendry has not shopped for the groceries properly, or was not given the funds to do so.

To Hendry- You didn't shop smart, and the 90+ mil to a guy with poor physical conditioning and poor mental makeup was a bad call.

From Lou- I don't give a damn what anybody thinks, I'm outta here next year so you can suck my balls.

To Zambrano- Get your poo together. No one is untouchable.

To the team- same as above

From a baseball standpoint, it is a weird move. He is a flaky sinkerballer. Not exactly your typical setup guy. Often struggles to find it in the first inning, has stamina issues. Should he really be throwing every other day given these things? Dunno.

On the flipside, he can't be any worse than the crap that has been paraded out there thus far. Samadzija has been garbage, another 10 mill waste. Grabow is what he has always been, just a guy. And not a good one. This team expected to contend in a league that has become a bullpen league with THAT crap? I sure didn't see it, and had zero expectations.

So yeah, I get it, but I think the more intriguing aspect is the above mentioned "messages" and how you choose to interpret them.

Archived