• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fantasy Baseball Roster

TbTeRRoR

Couple of questions since i've not kept up with MLB as much as I did when the braves played on TBS. I'm pretty up to speed on the superstars but the middle of the road solid players I'm not so much on. I'm concerned with my Catcher and I need to drop a SS I think. Pitching is like WTF I don't really know all the relievers. I picked up Heyward in FA haha no one drafted him.

would you drop Laroche and 1 SS (BTW I dropped Inge and added ty wiggingtion) if so any diamonds in the ruff out there you'd suggest?

side note I'm currently being offerd Jorge Posada and David Ortiz for Prince fielder... now like 3-5 years ago I'd be all for it but I'm not so sure any opinions?

C Kurt Suzuki

(Oak - C)

1B Prince Fielder

(Mil - 1B)

2B Brandon Phillips

(Cin - 2B)

3B Michael Young

(Tex - 3B)

SS Asdrubal Cabrera

(Cle - 2B,SS)

OF Jason Heyward

(Atl - OF)

OF Ichiro Suzuki

(Sea - OF)

OF Matt Kemp

(LAD - OF)

Util B.J. Upton

(TB - OF)

Util Derrek Lee

(ChC - 1B)

BN Édgar Rentería

(SF - SS)

BN Adam LaRoche

(Ari - 1B)

BN Brandon Inge

(Det - 3B)

BN Carlos Lee

(Hou - OF)

BN Ryan Theriot

(ChC - SS)

SP Mark Buehrle

(CWS - SP)

SP Jorge De La Rosa

(Col - SP)

RP Andrew Bailey

(Oak - RP)

RP Carlos Mármol

(ChC - RP)

P Kevin Millwood

(Bal - SP)

P Edwin Jackson

(Ari - SP)

P Francisco Cordero

(Cin - RP)

P Chad Qualls

(Ari - RP)

Decline that trade without giving it a second thought... He's trying to play you... Fielder is one of the best dozen fantasy players in the game, and the best player I'm seeing on your squad right now... Aside from possibly Kemp... He is worth tons more than Posada, and Ortiz is down to being benched now for lack of production..

As for what catchers you might be able to pick up, Ivan Rodriguez is ancient, but right now he's tearing the cover off the ball... He may be available for you off the waiver wire right now... Also, keep an eye on Miguel Montero... He's on the DL right now, so you may be able to pick him up as well and stash him away... Once he comes back, he should be a nice option... If you're set on moving Fielder, look for much more than Posada... Aim higher... Like Mauer or at least McCann or Martinez...

If you drop a SS, lose Edgar... All in all though, I think your offense looks solid... It's your pitching staff that concerns me a bit...

Decline that trade for sure. Try to rummage through the Waiver list and see if you can find a pitcher or two as well. You've got a good offensive lineup, and a couple of decent - good pitchers. Marmol and De La Rosa are good. Buehrle while a good pitcher most of the time in real life, usually isn't a good Fantasy pitcher.

Decline that trade and pick up a pitcher or two off the waiver wire, still going to be some gems in there.

yeah I know my pitching staff's a little dubious but they actually carried my leagues lowest era and whip through the first 8 or so games, but now they're getting rocked

I wish I could get someone to go after a Derrick Lee trade for a pitcher

yeah I know my pitching staff's a little dubious but they actually carried my leagues lowest era and whip through the first 8 or so games, but now they're getting rocked

I wish I could get someone to go after a Derrick Lee trade for a pitcher

I've made a couple of good pickups on the waiver wire. With that staff your going to have to take a chance on someone. Mike Pelfrey of the Mets has been outstanding and is only owned in 25 percent of leagues right now. Theres also a chance you could grab Zambrano and hope he turns it around for the season. (only owned in around 50 percent of leagues. Also a chance to pickup Phil Hughes, he's been on a tear in his first two starts and is owned in around 60 percent of leagues.

I'll post my team for fun

It's a Roto League and I'm currently in 4th out of 12 places with 81 points.

C Brian McCann

1b Mark Teixeira

2b Asdrubal Cabrera

3b Evan Longoria

ss Ryan Theriot

2b/ss Dan Uggla

1/3b Casey McGehee

of Andre Either

of Manny Ramirez

OF Alex Rios

Of Juan Pierre

Of Brad Hawpe - Waiver pickup