• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why DT?

invisible38833

I don't think DE is more of a need than DT.. If we invest in a pick that is only going to be successful in the next 2-3 years, it is DT... Otherwise, we have 2 young DE's and Brayton who is still improving and is more dominant than people give credit.

as for WR.. we have Jarrett and Kenny Moore. Jarrett has yet to come through and Kenny Moore has potential to be a solid #3.. Neither are going to be a solid #2 this year. Yes, they are extremely unproven. Neither are going to be the guy we need THIS year...

regardless, the chances are higher that neither WR, DT, or DE drafted THIS year will step up in a big way... all 3 positions usually require 2-3 years to grow into that NFL position..

to expect any of those positions to step up in a big way THIS year is wishful thinking...

This is usually the time that you go the route of FA to fill a hole or 2.. which hasn't been done, so therefore I have to assume neither of the 3 are as big of a deal as us fans are thinking...

I don't think DE is more of a need than DT.. If we invest in a pick that is only going to be successful in the next 2-3 years, it is DT... Otherwise, we have 2 young DE's and Brayton who is still improving and is more dominant than people give credit.

as for WR.. we have Jarrett and Kenny Moore. Jarrett has yet to come through and Kenny Moore has potential to be a solid #3.. Neither are going to be a solid #2 this year. Yes, they are extremely unproven. Neither are going to be the guy we need THIS year...

regardless, the chances are higher that neither WR, DT, or DE drafted THIS year will step up in a big way... all 3 positions usually require 2-3 years to grow into that NFL position..

to expect any of those positions to step up in a big way THIS year is wishful thinking...

This is usually the time that you go the route of FA to fill a hole or 2.. which hasn't been done, so therefore I have to assume neither of the 3 are as big of a deal as us fans are thinking...

we don't really need anybody to step in a big way. We need them to contribute to allow our stars to shine. Tank Tyler and Louis Leonard will be a lot better if they have a guy to take some snaps away. Smitty will be MUCH better if we can get a guy like Tate who can do damage in the slot. Brown and Johnson will play better if we can get a guy to rotate with them.

we don't really need anybody to step in a big way. We need them to contribute to allow our stars to shine. Tank Tyler and Louis Leonard will be a lot better if they have a guy to take some snaps away. Smitty will be MUCH better if we can get a guy like Tate who can do damage in the slot. Brown and Johnson will play better if we can get a guy to rotate with them.

whether we need a DT or DE to step up in a big way or not isn't the issue for me, as I don't expect them to do such a thing.. I've been posting that opinion for a while to anyone who may be expecting that to happen. that's not going to be the case.

as for WR.. I'd love to see someone step up in the slot and take pressure off Smitty. Matter of fact, Smitty can step up in the slot to take pressure of Smitty.. lol The problem we have is a 2nd receiver who is going to be a threat to the defense. whether they are in the slot or not.

If that happens, I'll be shocked... If we were expecting someone to step up and become a #1 guy, we would have made that happen already. Obviously, that isn't something we are looking for. why? I have no idea...

however, DT/DE isn't going to make that kind of impact from our draft days.. WR is something we should have addressed, and then found that guy for the slot..

but hey, why give the other teams defense too much to handle, yanno...

I don't know why but for some reason I believe in Tank Tyler

Lets mobilize the Tank and run him straight down the throats of these f**kin' offensive terrorists.

I believe in him and leonard too, tank reminds me of a younger, faster kemo. I think with those 2 and brayton rotating in on passing downs we will have a solid front 7

Archived