• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we keep our picks as we have them....

invisible38833

2nd round - wr

3rd round - DLine

4th round - QB

6th and 7th round fill in the depth: LB, OL, more DL, another wr, kr, secondary, FB

Right after the draft then I would sign Bulger to bring the veteran in and consider Reed from Buffalo as another WR.

What do you think about this plan? Assuming we keep what we have.

I can just about promise you we'll use 48 on a DT, unless Tate or someone falls into our lap there.

That's funny because I can just about promise we don't take a DT in the entire draft.. let alone our first pick. I can guarantee we don't take a DT with our #48.

That's funny because I can just about promise we don't take a DT in the entire draft.. let alone our first pick. I can guarantee we don't take a DT with our #48.

A wise man makes no guarantees. Especially about predicting who the panthers will draft.

I look at this like my fantasy drafts...

each pick is conditional and tiered.

2nd round...if Tate, Thomas, and Bryant are gone...BDLPA (d=defensive line)

3rd round...Gilyard...Ford. in that order. If neither, then we go BDLPA again.

4th round...whatever prospective WR is left.

But honestly, knowing our situation and lack of movement in the free agency towards WR, I seriously think we'll get a WR with the 2 or 3rd...but I just hope the 3rd rd prospects aren't reaches in the 2nd. Hopefully we could trade down in the 2nd slightly and still get a Gilyard/Ford AND get a decent DT or DE.

That's too bad if you're right. There seem to be some solid DTs available, but they'll be gone by the third round. I'd like to go

2nd - DT

3rd - WR

4th - DE

6th - QB

6th - OLB

7th - BPA

Archived