• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trading our first rounder next year

invisible38833

Guest silver82blade

You opened the door to the argument when you eluded to how good The Golden Calf of Bristol is because of how he domintated the SEC conference... point is other QB's have done that recently and where are they now.... Your argument not mines

what other qbs are you talking about? i'd love to compare the stats please, and examine what their work ethic was like. if we're gonna play childish games full of loose comparisons based of allusions that only exist in your mind, how about i mention that peyton manning was an sec qb.

all i said was he had unmatched success against some of the toughest defenses in college football. unmatched being the key word. that means i don't care what other sec qbs did, 'cause they don't compare.

Back on topic....

Since I am in the minority, I have a question for those who want to trade next years first.

You guys talk about the depth of this draft... and I do agree it is deep. But even when the DT position or WR position, the top 2 players in those position have a higher potential/lower bust factor than the next tier of players... With that said

Assuming Carolina has a top 10 pick next you do you believe that

Early 2nd round pick from trading next years first player > Than any top 10 player entering the draft next year.

To me the draft being deep means we should trade our 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks next year. But regardless if the draft is deep or not next year there will be Great talent at the top of the draft. That's why I can't get with the argument of this year is deeper when it comes to a potential top pick we may have next year.

This season more than any others I believe we have alot of question marks headed into the season which is why it is possible we may not have a great season and finish in the lower part of the standings meaning a top pick.

what other qbs are you talking about? i'd love to compare the stats please, and examine what their work ethic was like. if we're gonna play childish games full of loose comparisons based of allusions that only exist in your mind, how about i mention that peyton manning was an sec qb.

all i said was he had unmatched success against some of the toughest defenses in college football. unmatched being the key word. that means i don't care what other sec qbs did, 'cause they don't compare.

Actually, college football are the key words.

Guest silver82blade

we're not going to have a top 10 pick unless matt moore goes down early in the season, or we have a rash of injuries. we have too easy of a schedule. even if matt moore does half as well as he did last year, we'll at least go .500.

Back on topic....

Since I am in the minority, I have a question for those who want to trade next years first.

You guys talk about the depth of this draft... and I do agree it is deep. But even when the DT position or WR position, the top 2 players in those position have a higher potential/lower bust factor than the next tier of players... With that said

Early 2nd round pick from trading next years first player > Than any top 10 player entering the draft next year.

To me the draft being deep means we should trade our 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks next year. But regardless if the draft is deep or not next year there will be Great talent at the top of the draft. That's why I can't get with the argument of this year is deeper when it comes to a potential top pick we may have next year.

This season more than any others I believe we have alot of question marks headed into the season which is why it is possible we may not have a great season and finish in the lower part of the standings meaning a top pick.

if we trade up and get some impact players then it's pretty unlikely we'll be top 10. Maybe #32?:D

Back on topic....

I could live with trading 2nd, 3rd, 4th next year too. Even if it's that or next year's 1st this is the year to do it.

if we trade up and get some impact players then it's pretty unlikely we'll be top 10. Maybe #32?:D

I hear what your saying... and I am optimistic about the season also. But at the same time I think trading that pick could turn out to be big, so we have to be objective. If we were sitting like the Colts right now... Top 3 QB, team coming back intact, consistant winning then yea... trade it away. But we haven't been consistant lately, we have a lot of young player who will need to step up, and we don't have a proven top NFL QB (Though maybe). For all these reasons I think it's a mistake to just based our decision with a 1st round pick on those assumptions everything will go right, and everyone will step up.

Archived