• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trading our first rounder next year

invisible38833

i don't know what defensive ends are in the draft, but if we used our extra pick on a wide receiver i'd be happy. i would not be happy with a defensive tackle in all likelyhood. i'd also be happy if we traded it to somehow get The Golden Calf of Bristol. i may or may not tolerate it with a corner pick, depending on who it is. again, i don't know much about the corners in the draft. that's about all i'd be happy with. with this easy schedule, i don't think we'll have a high first round pick next year. we might as well use it in a deeper draft class if we can.

so you would be Ok with us trading next year's #1 pick for The Golden Calf of Bristol? Are you fuging nuts.

Please go back to hitting the bong and leave rational thought to the rest of us.

Guest silver82blade

we need another quarterback. what's wrong with The Golden Calf of Bristol? i think he can be a franchise qb. why wait 'til next year when we'll probably have a late first round pick? what qb would we be able to pick up then? think man.

we need another quarterback. what's wrong with The Golden Calf of Bristol? i think he can be a franchise qb. why wait 'til next year when we'll probably have a late first round pick? what qb would we be able to pick up then? think man.

His motion sucks....his touch sucks....I like his intangibles, but I am in the camp that says he is too big of a crap shoot.

Plus next years quarterback class is pretty stacked, so if we were to trade away a 1st next year and our biggest need also happens to be QB we can get a very good QB in the 2nd or possibly the 3rd.

Personally I don't want a QB until the 4th round or later anyway this year. Then try to get Christian Ponder next year in the draft as the future if Matt Moore doesn't show enough.

He's about 50/50 being a nice surprise/bust. (albeit with all of the questions about him he may not qualify as a bust, but anyway...) I've seen little evidence that his throwing motion and slow release have been corrected, little evidence he would be effective in a pro system, not to mention there is a BIG difference between college and pro line backers/safeties so his scrambling style (using his size and strength rather than speed and elusiveness) is going to suffer.

Last but not least, I haven't seen his heart checked. Meaning that while he's lost some games he's had pretty much an easy time of it in college and high school.

He's the next Byron Leftwich.

Our best option this year would be to get an experienced player alongside Moore. Having two inexperienced QBs is a really risky thing to do. Campbell is definitely the best option for us this year.

Guest silver82blade

His motion sucks....his touch sucks....I like his intangibles, but I am in the camp that says he is too big of a crap shoot.

i personally think the media has over hyped his negatives. being an sec fan i've seen him make tons of throws over the years. his accuracy is incredible, something this team has been missing for a long time. even being a scrambling qb, his ability to go through his reads and see the open man is definitely worth noting. it shows he has a great understanding of defenses, which is what the elite qbs need. fact is, he had unmatched success against the toughest conference in college football. the guy is a competitor. if necessary he would spend all his free time looking at tape and practicing. there is no way he is going to fail at the professional level. the guy doesn't know the meaning of the word "fail". i don't even think his throwing motion is all that big of a deal. not every pro quarterback throws the same way. he has the arm strength to nix the wind up and not lose much in my opinion. i just don't think it's as big of a gamble as some people think. but, we'll just agree to disagree.

i personally think the media has over hyped his negatives. being an sec fan i've seen him make tons of throws over the years. his accuracy is incredible, something this team has been missing for a long time. even being a scrambling qb, his ability to go through his reads and see the open man is definitely worth noting. it shows he has a great understanding of defenses, which is what the elite qbs need. fact is, he had unmatched success against the toughest conference in college football. the guy is a competitor. if necessary he would spend all his free time looking at tape and practicing. there is no way he is going to fail at the professional level. the guy doesn't know the meaning of the word "fail". i don't even think his throwing motion is all that big of a deal. not every pro quarterback throws the same way. he has the arm strength to nix the wind up and not lose much in my opinion. i just don't think it's as big of a gamble as some people think. but, we'll just agree to disagree.

Your right!!! SEC QB's has been amazing lately... especially the ones whos team has dominated the conference! Great point...

Guest silver82blade

Your right!!! SEC QB's has been amazing lately... especially the ones whos team has dominated the conference! Great point...

dude, don't compare The Golden Calf of Bristol to any other recent sec qb. don't even do that .... that's just being childish with that attempted sarcasm. everyone knows he's better.

dude, don't compare The Golden Calf of Bristol to any other recent sec qb. don't even do that .... that's just being childish with that attempted sarcasm. everyone knows he's better.

You opened the door to the argument when you eluded to how good The Golden Calf of Bristol is because of how he domintated the SEC conference... point is other QB's have done that recently and where are they now.... Your argument not mines

i wasnt very excited about it last year, but understood the logic, since we were not expecting pep to stick around.

but this year it may make a lot of sense for a few reasons. by not having a potentially large contract to pay next year for a high first rounder, we can use that money to re-sign a few of our younger guys that will need to re-signed next year. this draft is also very deep and a few extra picks could come in handy this season, and also fall in line with the youth movement.

could this be the reason that we havent made ANY moves in FA? they are planning on getting some more quality picks this year b/c of the unique situation with the draft.

will be interesting tomorrow night!

Archived