• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trading our first rounder next year

invisible38833

With a pending lockout on the horizon, it may be harder to find a trading partner. What team wants to sign 2 1st round picks only to have them sit on their arse because there is no training camp, preseason and perhaps a lot of the regular season?

Well, they wouldn't have to pay them regardless.

What's not to like about it?

All this "we gotta stop this sometime" crap, is.....well crap.

there are plenty of reasons for us to get more picks in this draft.

In case you haven't been paying attention...or ignorant..will spill it out to ya.

This is the last draft before a new CBA is done. The new CBA will include a salary cap for rookies. That is why all the underclassmen are coming out now. That is why this draft is so deep with talent. Next years won't be this talanted and deep. In fact, many front office personel agree that next years picks are less valuable cause of this fact.

So once again...what is not to like about the Panthers trading next years first, to get more

Value from this years draft?

i don't understand why we would have to stop. there is always first round talent that falls through to the second and sometimes third rounds while there are always dummy teams that pick second or third or lower round talent in the first.

I know I am one of the VERY FEW on this board who feels this way, but I am 100% against trading our 2011 First round pick. 2-7 next year is fine, but not the first....

Our team is still too much of a question mark this season, and if Moore doesn't work out... I would like the opportunity to get a top 10 franchise QB... and Jake comes out next year... Jake and Carolina goes hand in hand. :P

who ahead of us in the 2nd round would take a 1st next year to give us their 2nd and another pick later in the draft this year? I was looking at the possibilities and I can't quite pin that one down.

SMJ thinks KC.

I would lean that way as well.

Guest silver82blade

i don't know what defensive ends are in the draft, but if we used our extra pick on a wide receiver i'd be happy. i would not be happy with a defensive tackle in all likelyhood. i'd also be happy if we traded it to somehow get The Golden Calf of Bristol. i may or may not tolerate it with a corner pick, depending on who it is. again, i don't know much about the corners in the draft. that's about all i'd be happy with. with this easy schedule, i don't think we'll have a high first round pick next year. we might as well use it in a deeper draft class if we can.

Archived