• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

gilyard & Price

invisible38833

I saw a mock draft that had us taking Marty Gilyard WR/Kr in the 2nd round. I also saw that in the third round they had us taking a DT, but three picks after our pick they had T. Price going from Ohio. If you were Marty, would you be bold and take both WR's with the 2nd and 3rd round pick and then try and trade the 4th for Ume in NY? By the way, that same Mock had us taking Lefleur in the 6th, so we still get our QB, but later then most think. I think if we did that we would feel better around here. Any thoughts?

Whoever did that mock is retarded. Firstly, Gilyard will be available in the 3rd round.. and might even slip to the 4th. Secondly, LeFevour's stock is soaring and will be taken in the 3rd.. and could go in the 2nd. Lastly, no, I would not take 2 WRs back to back. I think we take 2 WRs in the draft.. but not back to back.

I don't like what I've seen of Gilyard. I'd take Price, Easley or Roberts over ole Mardy. Most of those, if not all three will be there in the third. At least one will be there when we pick @ 78.

Remember, Smitty wasn't hyped when we took him in 2001. He was just a STs guy and a project WR at best. I think we need to stop frothing over the media hyped guys.

I don't like what I've seen of Gilyard. I'd take Price, Easley or Roberts over ole Mardy. Most of those, if not all three will be there in the third. At least one will be there when we pick @ 78.

Remember, Smitty wasn't hyped when we took him in 2001. He was just a STs guy and a project WR at best. I think we need to stop frothing over the media hyped guys.

No actually, Smith wasn't... He was MVP of the Senior Bowl and made a lot of noise at WR as well as returner...

78 is also too early for Price, Easley, and Roberts...

Gilyard is light years ahead of all three of them, and the dislike for him here is unfounded...

You and I both... but FWIW, I think we'll still have #48 too...

I actually agree with this as well. I suspect we'll trade next year's first for a late first/early second in this draft. Might even throw in a third rounder since we'll likely get a comp pick in the third round for Pep.

Archived