• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Netflix anyone?

j2sgam

Who uses this? I just signed up when I found out I can use my Wii to download movies to. $9/month for unlimited downloads? Now i can go back to see all of Sons of Anarchy's 1st season...I had the wife convinced we needed a new BluRay player to be able to use the Netflix option, but then I was told about the Wii thing. Just wanted to see what yous opinions were...

I stream a LOT more than watch DVDs now. Never had an issue with a DVD but I can see it as a possibility.

I have netflix on my XBox but the interface is MUCH better and easier on the BluRay - I have the LG BD-570. It also does Pandora, some other movie streaming, and Picasa as well as home network sharing.

First, let me say: "Usenet FTW"

But as long as you're paying for it, streaming Netflix is a good way to go. However, the biggest issue with using Netflix on the Wii is also the biggest problem with the Wii in general; NO HD.

It's 2010, and IMHO non-HD is no longer acceptable. Blu-ray, PS3, PC, 360, and you can get streaming HD netflix.

*Disclaimer: I own a Wii and enjoy it. I bought it based on the awesomeness of nintendos IPs, specifically Mario. But I still resent them for not making it HD.

Signed up for it a few months ago... Honestly I don't have time to watch the movies that I request!

Movies come pretty quick once I send the old ones back and I have never had a problem with any of the movies that they have sent.

The Wii will do 480 with the component cable, wont it? Not HD, but DVD quality, and that is what I've been watching for years. Dont get me wrong, HD is definitely the way to go, but really, I only own 1 HDTV and 7 CRTs that I still watch. And I do have an HD DVD player that upconverts standard DVDs, as do most BluRay players, so I do watch DVDs in scaled 1080p. But everything else is SD, and Im good with it. When I own a better HDTV then I will worry about getting the most out of it. I have a Mits DLP that I got back in '04, and things have changed quite a bit since then. Hell, my TV only has 1 HDMI port...

Thanks for the replies...

Archived