• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bands you thought would become bigger than they did?

Jangler

There really isn't much of a "big" anymore for real bands. Too many avenues for exposure in today's world for anything other than a pure pop act to become huge.

It's not a bad thing, as there is more music that's accessible than ever before. For example, you don't have to live in California to hear the local talent.

I don't know. There is a pooload of music out there. Most people don't realize it. Just because a band isn't the next Led Zeppelin doesn't mean they failed. Because there will never be another Led Zeppelin.

Because we have more than just one measly radio station for bands to try to get on.

This is very accurate. The internet has pretty much shifted the fundamental fabric of the music industry. Case in point: "Pop" music is a genre and not necessarily "popular" music if you look at all demographics

Swift was a local heavy act from Winston Salem. Their drummer Jamie King was an acquaintence of mine on the local music scene I dubbed them as the band that made me quit playing. I had never been a part of anything that good and I knew I probably never would be.

You can listen some of their tunes here....http://www.myspace.com/swiftband

">

Archived