• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ke$HA, Justin Bieber....

davos

Ahh. Today's youth and their "music". Yes I sound like my dad but it ain't even close. Sure there are a few good artists out there but they are few and far between.

im interested on what artists you consider good out there? like seriously, im not being facetious, just curious who you think is good nowadays.

I bet the % is about the same, good music to bad, as it always has been, It's just harder to find now. Music studios don't take chances anymore. So we get the same crap year after year.

Yes, BUT! Bad musicuans have never been as successful as they are today. And to me that is indicative of today's youth being totally out of touch with the arts.

There was a lot of bad music in the 70s. A lot.

A little bit of confirmation bias there pstall? ;)

That said I can't believe anyone finds ke$ha's voice appealing. (can't believe I even did her the honor of spelling her name that way)

I try not to be too snobby when judging music. Just look back on history with some perspective - classical musicians snubbed their noses at jazz musicians, jazz musicians snubbed their noses at rock musicians, rock musicians snubbed their noses at rappers, etc.

The way I look at it, modern pop isn't all that bad, it's just the talented people are the ones writing the music, not performing it.

there is a lot of poo playing on the radio these days but lets not act like the 70s, 80s and 90s didn't pump out their own awful artists/music

Ke$ha is awful but she's at the very worst no worse than Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai sucked and I never understood why anyone liked his music.

But.

Jamiroquai has more talent in the squirty poops he takes each morning than Ke$ha has in her entire lineage.

Want to compare Ke$ha to an artist? Start with ABBA and the Bee Gees. :D

Archived