• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huge Brawl after Strikeforce Fight Saturday Night (video)

Dpantherman

:nono:

MMA is the ultimate sport. One on one to see who is the best. Its one thing to say you got your ass beat in football, basketball, baseball, etc... but in MMA when you get your ass beat you get your ass beat.

I wrestled in HS....but just pounding away at each other to see who can survive the hits or just has the small enough brains to not be concussed doesn't seem like much of a sport to me. Like I said...after seeing the people exiting toughmen contests in downtown Asheville, and the type of people that actually watch the fake wrestling...it's like someone gathered all the lowest common denominators.

Oh for goodness sakes toughman contest are not what MMA is about. Its one thing to have trained athletes fighting but another to have "toughguys" sparring. As far as concussions there are far more injuries/concussions in football. If you don't like it fine. I dont like soccer but I'm not going to say its stupid just because I dont "get it".

Everyone involved in MMA should be doing everything they can to try and legitimize it as a sport, and this definitely does not help.

I haven't watched a UFC fight for 2 years now. It just started feeling too much like a gimmicky WWE type thing to me with the way fighters seemed to be rotated into being the poster-boy of the month. It's not the violence that I dislike, modern MMA is much more structured (and safer) than it used to be and technique still matters a whole lot, it's the "tough guy contest" mentality that bugs me.

Over-aggressive meatheads who walk around constantly looking for a fight like they need to prove something are probably my least favorite people. Unfortunately, in my area they are also everywhere because of the Marine Corps. No offense to any marines out there, but seriously I've met/seen way more asshole marines than the other branches combined.

Everyone involved in MMA should be doing everything they can to try and legitimize it as a sport, and this definitely does not help.

I haven't watched a UFC fight for 2 years now. It just started feeling too much like a gimmicky WWE type thing to me with the way fighters seemed to be rotated into being the poster-boy of the month. It's not the violence that I dislike, modern MMA is much more structured (and safer) than it used to be and technique still matters a whole lot, it's the "tough guy contest" mentality that bugs me.

Over-aggressive meatheads who walk around constantly looking for a fight like they need to prove something are probably my least favorite people. Unfortunately, in my area they are also everywhere because of the Marine Corps. No offense to any marines out there, but seriously I've met/seen way more asshole marines than the other branches combined.

you live in jacksonville?

Archived