• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Football movie???

Dpantherman

Remember the Titans probably tops my list. off the top of my head i can't remember a football movie that was all around better. Im not thinking of many football movies to begin w/. I only asked bc Im watching it right now for the 1 millionth time

What made RTT so great was it was, literally, one of those rare nexus' of acting talent. Like, all of those people from the obvious (Denzel, Will) to the new guys (Hayden, Ryan Gosling, most of the football players) to the assistant coaches in there for like, two scenes (like the guy who told Yoast to go to hell) all were and/or grew up to be great actors--I mean look at this line:

"He's doesn't block worth a plugged nickel, and you know it."

In any other movie, and with any other actor, lines like these--obvious Disney attempts to not use cuss words--would be pretty stupid. But although there are plenty throughout the movie, no one really notices, again because of the acting.

Uhh, there are like tons of movies about football before RTT. Do yourselves a favor and rent North Dallas Forty, Longest Yard, The Best of Times, Any Given Sunday(kinda overrated imo), Wildcats, etc, etc, etc.

yes it was!! good movie, but i think it gets more credit than it deserves. Ive seen Longest Yard original and remake. Remake is alot less grity than the first and takes away from the football feel--to me anyway. I've never seen nor heard of any of the others. i assume they were bf my time. (like Longest Yard)

Archived