• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you looking for playoff tickets...

This probably belongs in the PSL Exchange forum, but I figured more people would see it here.

If you're looking for tickets on Craigslist, do not buy from someone named [email protected]--it is clearly a scam. I'm sure most of you are smart enough to figure it out, but I inquired about some tickets (they had lower level tickets for sale for $75 each...yeah right). So I e-mailed them back and asked why so cheap, etc...knowing it was a scam. Sure enough, this is the e-mail I got back.

Hi again,

I sell them for my boss. He is from USA. Right now we are located in LONDON, UK

I'm selling the tickets for him. He bought them trough his company so don't worry the tickets are

genuine. I usually use Paypal but, because I can't cash out money from my PayPal account here in London, the best way for payment is wire transfer (Western Union).We will use Square Trade to handle this transaction as they act like a 3rd party, just like Escrow.

Here is how Square Trade works:

1.Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and price.

2.Seller contacts Square Trade Center with the transaction details.

3.Buyer receive the transaction details and payment instructions from Square Trade Center by email.

4.Buyer deposit the payment at a Western Union office and send the payment details to Square Trade Center.

5.Square Trade Center verify payment from buyer and then will notify the seller to proceed with the shipping.

6.Buyer receives the tickets and have 3 days to inspect it. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact Square Trade Center with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the tickets, the money from Western Union is refunded to the buyer after the tracking number for the returning shipment is verified. Sending the payment by any other method than Western Union will void this transaction.

Shipping will be done trough Fed Ex overnight delivery. It will take about 24 hours to reach your location.

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THEM EMAIL ME BACK WITH:

YOUR FULL NAME:.......

YOUR ADRESS:...

CITY:...

STATE:...

ZIP CODE:....

EMAIL ADDRESS:....

Thank you

I hope most people would know to stay away from this, but you never know.

Anyone who does not buy tickets from someone they know, or one of the sites that guarantee their authenticity are asking for trouble. There are ALOT of counterfeit tickets out there...buyer beware.

There are also ways to know if they're real.

First of all, meet the person in public if you buy them locally. Second, if they're PSL seats, take a coin before you buy the tickets and scratch the back. Little panthers should show up. If they do, the tickets are real, if they don't it's fake.

One bad thing about the new scalping laws in NC is people sometimes take it to mean that you can scalp on any ticket site when you can only scalp on sites that guarantee the tickets. Craigslist doesn't do that, but I'm guessing there will be those out there who think they do and might fall for silly ticket scams.

That was nearly as bad as my wife actually thinking I'd let her send a $250 "crating and shipping" fee to Africa in exchange for a Yorkie puppy that was having trouble adjusting to the climate.

Sad thing is, if the scammers are still doing it, someone is falling for it :rolleyes:

Whoa! So did I! He's also sending $1 Million in cash and I only had to send him $10K for it. Hell of a deal.

This sounds just like a friend of mine who emailed me to say he was stuck in Africa somewhere and was out of funds, and needed me to wire him $5K so he could get a flight home and he would then reimburse me.

I'm always willing to help out a friend. Not sure how he was in Africa since I was with him the day before, but who am I to judge?

Archived