• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boldin, Holmes, Marshall, Ginn Jr...No $ in Carolina

invisible38833

If fans were running the team at this point, we'd likely have already traded our second for Brandon Marshall, our third for Anquan Boldin and our fourth for Jason Campbell. Thus, we'd be looking at going into next week with our first pick not coming until the sixth round.

If I wanted a front office that went that route, I'd be a Redskin fan.

If fans were running the team at this point, we'd likely have already traded our second for Brandon Marshall, our third for Anquan Boldin and our fourth for Jason Campbell. Thus, we'd be looking at going into next week with our first pick not coming until the sixth round.

If I wanted a front office that went that route, I'd be a Redskin fan.

No doubt Marshall wasn't worth the contract he got and I wouldn't waste a pick on Campbell (FA maybe). Boldin was older so that was a reasonable pass. But Holmes I just can't understand passing on him. Even with his 4 game suspension it would be worth a 5th (value- 6th this year 5th next) to me.

I can understand the lack of movement on a very shallow FA pool but that should be more of a reason to take a very small chance (5th round) on a Super Bowl MVP coming off a 1300 yard season.

No doubt Marshall wasn't worth the contract he got and I wouldn't waste a pick on Campbell (FA maybe). Boldin was older so that was a reasonable pass. But Holmes I just can't understand passing on him. Even with his 4 game suspension it would be worth a 5th (value- 6th this year 5th next) to me.

I can understand the lack of movement on a very shallow FA pool but that should be more of a reason to take a very small chance (5th round) on a Super Bowl MVP coming off a 1300 yard season.

Forgot about Holmes. That'd be yet another pick gone (but we didn't have that round).

The thing about a guy in Holmes' spot is that it isn't the current suspension you have to worry about. It's the potential next one.

But then, as mentioned before, the Panthers have balked on guys with far fewer character concerns than Holmes. he was never a realistic option.

Archived