• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Proud of Myself

LifeisaGarden

being a front wheel drive car makes it a little harder, but it's not impossible. It's been a while since I worked on one of those but I think the AC compressor is on the bottom of the engine towards the front. Just a guess it's probably about $200 at a part store. I would call and check and keep an eye out for coupons.

being a front wheel drive car makes it a little harder, but it's not impossible. It's been a while since I worked on one of those but I think the AC compressor is on the bottom of the engine towards the front. Just a guess it's probably about $200 at a part store. I would call and check and keep an eye out for coupons.

We hate working on it because the engine is crammed in to the car & there's no room to work on it. I had a space just big enough to fit my small hand into to work in.

But thanks, I'll look in to it. :)

$200 wouldn't be bad.

I am impressed!

Thanks! :D

We hate working on it because the engine is crammed in to the car & there's no room to work on it. I had a space just big enough to fit my small hand into to work in.

But thanks, I'll look in to it. :)

$200 wouldn't be bad.

Thanks! :D

That's part of why I gave up working on cars as a career.

88 bronco, I have a question: I turn my A/C on and it starts squeaking--I don't think it's the timing belt, but whatever the thing is that sticks into the engine when activated looks pretty suspect. have any idea what it is? It's a 92 Ford Ranger

I think you answered your question.

;)

I think you answered your question.

;)

Yeah, I've learned a lot about car troubleshooting simply by my uncle fixing all the probs in the stupid thing. Oil gaskets breaking, clutch fluid leaking, brakes squeaking, oil leaking even AFTER it got fixed. Starter has died twice, and this a/c problem.

I'm gonna keep it until I know how to fix everything that can be fixed in a car.

Archived