• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Splinter Cell Conviction

Chimera

I got it Tuesday and have played a good bit of it. It is way different than previous SC games...I'm not so sure it's for the better or not. It can get a bit frustrating at times and the stealth part of it seems to have been really toned down. It's a good game but I am a bit disappointed...probably because it's so different from what I expected.

Yep, the stealth has definitely been toned down to cater to the masses. I enjoyed the first games because of the cerebral aspect. I made it all the way through Chaos Theory only killing who I was required to kill. I think I might have knocked out like 3 people. I snuck by everyone else.

Its still a good game - it shouldn't be called Splinter Cell, though. Maybe Splinter Gear Solid?

I love the game, too. I definitely sneak around the shadows. But I think you're forced into more killing, stealth kills or otherwise, than previous SC games. For example, the challenges encourages you to kill multiple enemies at once, - great for Halo, but for Splinter Cell? I loved the slow, methodical gameplay of the previous titles.

I'm not knocking this game at all - it is a great game. It just doesn't feel like Splinter Cell.

I love the game, too. I definitely sneak around the shadows. But I think you're forced into more killing, stealth kills or otherwise, than previous SC games. For example, the challenges encourages you to kill multiple enemies at once, - great for Halo, but for Splinter Cell? I loved the slow, methodical gameplay of the previous titles.

I'm not knocking this game at all - it is a great game. It just doesn't feel like Splinter Cell.

I hear ya. But I don't think it's supposed to be like "Splinter Cell".

Sam is rogue now. He is working for himself. Things have changed.

I dunno. It's fun.

Definitely a rent title, I heard the campaign is like 5 hours.

There are also co-op and multiplayer. I haven't tried them yet but if they are any good, it could be worth a buy.

Archived