• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

re: Banner Policy Revised - Panther Org DOES listen to us.

grateflday

Yes, I have been sent a survey every year for the past three seasons and at the end thsy have a comment box and I express my displeasure with the experience being likened to a movie theatre. I went on at length.

In other words, if it's an idea they like, they'll buy it...like not allowing opposition posters. They can get behind that, no problem. However, relaxing stadium rules so that the average fan doesn't feel confined in their home stadium isn't going to happen.

That's all you've done? If that's all you've done to try to rectify all these "problems" then you have no room to complain. Why don't you try sending an independent letter, email or even try calling them? Filling out your survey and leaving a comment does not make your argument stand out at all.

I think alot of the Rules were made by Mark Richardson and the Stadium was run like a corporate office. They didnt care about what fans they were getting as long as the put butts in seats. I also think they saw how mad Fans were getting when they were the ones sent out of BOA for nothing less then cheering and being excited. I think alot of that will change now. Im not saying its gonna be like Philly and I hope it never gets that bad but I think they care more about Panther Fans now then in the past.

That's all you've done? If that's all you've done to try to rectify all these "problems" then you have no room to complain. Why don't you try sending an independent letter, email or even try calling them? Filling out your survey and leaving a comment does not make your argument stand out at all.

Again, relaxing stadium rules will not happen. At most I'll get a letter or email saying along the lines of 'thanks for being a fan, but he rules are there safety and atmosphere of all, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm not dumb, they are not going to relax the rules they made just for a fan saying the atmosphere is too stuffy.

Again, relaxing stadium rules will not happen. At most I'll get a letter or email saying along the lines of 'thanks for being a fan, but he rules are there safety and atmosphere of all, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm not dumb, they are not going to relax the rules they made just for a fan saying the atmosphere is too stuffy.

Apparently you are dumb (I'm not trying to insult you, but you are giving me plenty of material).

That kind of attitude is why the changes you seek will never happen. If you truly have such an issue with their policy then you should continually try to get it changed.

In fact, this thread is about them listening to an individuals request. Yeah yeah, you're going to say how it's not the same or some other hogwash, but the fact of the matter is you're full of complaints but offer no solutions.

I hear and find the responses about the uptight atmosphere, rules etc at the stadium interesting.

For me the main thing about the atmosphere at Panther stadium is that it does needs to be better. I have experienced the being told to sit down thing by other fans but not the ushers themselves. The guy next to me was once asked to sit down because somebody used that Text the stadium things. So obviously nothing is perfect. I think the problem is really not the policy but the mere fact that TO MANY people are sitting down to much. If more people stood up to cheer and get into the game they wouldnt be bugging others to sit down, but since so many people sit more sit. I do think and do let the organization know they need to do more to change the atmoshere in the stadium.

I think the point about my post is the organization DOES listen and this policy change is NOT making the stadium stuffier it is a change to make a paying PSL owners enjoyment etc at a game better. That is something. This only effects other teams fans not us. There are logo's on the field as a direct result of us and more specifically a poster on this board. The key for me is we as a fan base can continue to let the organization know what is needed.

At least now I know the next time the Panthers are getting beat, and 1/2 the stadium is cheering for the other team I want have to get more annoyed by looking at the stadium being drapped in that teams colors and banners :-)

Nice grateflday - if yu decide to reply to that e-mail, another thing I'd like to see STOPPED - why the heck can you get your face painted inside our stadium in the colors of the opposing team - real nicely too? Let them paint themselves at home if they want. It's appalling that we can be playing another team and not on;y do they have those airbrush colors, they have stencils with their logos.

Nice grateflday - if yu decide to reply to that e-mail, another thing I'd like to see STOPPED - why the heck can you get your face painted inside our stadium in the colors of the opposing team - real nicely too? Let them paint themselves at home if they want. It's appalling that we can be playing another team and not on;y do they have those airbrush colors, they have stencils with their logos.

I hear ya Go To Girl. That plus them selling their merchandise does bug me. I just figure they are tying to make a buck and hopefully in some way that helps keep my costs down :-) I would like to see that stopped. I did reply to the email already and just said "wow and thank you for listening".

I am still waiting for a reply on my email to them for more replays and less commercials on the big screens - dont think that one is ever gonna happen :cool:

Apparently you are dumb (I'm not trying to insult you, but you are giving me plenty of material).

Yeah, and you're a prick. Oh, and I'm not trying to insult you. Look man, if you think for one ioda that they don't get complaints about how stuffy that stadium is, your the dumb one. People complain about it all the time. I guess nobody has ever mentioned it to JR, though. I'm just one lone rebel and my request, even if it made to JR himself, itsn't going to change how HE wants his stadium. Of course they will change something if the change affects the opposition. That is a small rule that they can easily enforce at the gate.

Done.

Yeah, and you're a prick. Oh, and I'm not trying to insult you. Look man, if you think for one ioda that they don't get complaints about how stuffy that stadium is, your the dumb one. People complain about it all the time. I guess nobody has ever mentioned it to JR, though. I'm just one lone rebel and my request, even if it made to JR himself, itsn't going to change how HE wants his stadium. Of course they will change something if the change affects the opposition. That is a small rule that they can easily enforce at the gate.

Done.

Done? You can't handle criticism yet you dish it out (to the organization)?

Yeah, "people" complain all the time, yet you don't go out of your way to make it formal, do you?

Yeah, I was insulting you - you just give me more and more reasons to do so. You make a statement there are problems then you admit you do nothing to solve the problem.

I've not been real happy with our sterilized stadium rules from the first time I went to a game and especially since I've been a PSL holder. I would like the stadium rules to get relaxed some, for ONCE, rather than adding more rules. The past two seasons I have seriously contiplated renewing my PSLs. If one more rule that impedes my experience any further than currently is implimented, I will sell my PSLs. I could care less about opposing teams bringing in a poster. Personally, it would give a target to heckle.

What, exactly, inhibits your ability to have a good football experience.

My suggestion is that if you're not happy, then by all means, sell your PSLs.

I am happy with the experience overall, just not estatic. My section is pretty cool, for the most part. However when cheering, standing, celebration, tauting of opposition fans or language (even slips) are enough to get looks, a brief lecture or even security called on you, then the mood is too tame for a passionate game like professional football. I've seen it happen (no, not to me either). Rarely does it get to the security level, but when fans on the same team are at odds about how to enjoy the game, it ruins the experience.

It would be like watching the game at home, remaining seated 98% of the time except for bathroom breaks and snacks, have my girlfriend tell me I'm being too loud or have guests over telling me I'm being too excited and to chill out.

That would be a very average game experience, now wouldn't it?

Archived