• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

re: Banner Policy Revised - Panther Org DOES listen to us.

grateflday

I received a pleasantly surprising email today from the Panther's organization. I had forgotten about an email I sent them after last season's Vikings game, but obviosly they didnt. I was extremely annoyed at seeing Viking's fans hanging banners at the stadium. I had made an effort at the game to have them taken down and sent the team an email the following day. Thanks to my email they have change the Banner Policy at the stadium and opposing teams fans will NO LONGER be able to hang banners in OUR house :cool: Might not be a big deal, but its bad enough to sit around all these other teams fans taking over the stadium.

Here is the email I got today from the Panthers Organization. It was titled "Change to Banner Policy" :

Keith,

During our off season review of policies we considered your suggestion to not allow visiting team fans to hang banners in the stadium. We think you made a very valid point and consequently we have decided to revise the policy. Visiting team fans will be allowed to hold small signs/banners in their hands but will no longer be allowed to affix them to any stadium surface.

Thanks again for your “Fan Feedback”.

Gene Brown

Director of Security

Carolina Panthers

Here was the email I sent them back in Dec '09:

To Whom It May Concern,

I was at the football game last night, and I have been to them all this season. It is bad enough that almost every home the game the stadium is filled with the other team's fans; at the Vikings game last night their were at least 2 "Go Viking" type banners hanging off the lower level wall. I understand there is a policy and maybe anybody has a right to put whatever team they want BUT we are at Panther Stadium. Other teams fans should not be allowed to hang opposing team banners. I already feel like I am at a road game with so many other teams fans there, now I am watching them being allowed to take over the stadium even more by hanging banners.

I did point out the banners to the Fan Relation attendant by my section. He noted it but nothing was done and it remained there all game. One of the questions I am asked alot in my survey's is how can the Panther make a better game day experience. One of them is to do things making the stadium feel more like its the "Panther's Stadium". One of the ways would be to not let the opposing team' fans hang banners. When one is pointed out or seen it should be taken and kept down. A second way would be do what can be done to not allow so many opposing teams fans end up with PSL owners tickets!!.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Keith

We can make a difference!!! Let's take our stadium back!! Go Panthers :cool:

Right on buddy!

In general, we all need to work to make BOA stadium a more hostile environment for the visiting team and it's fans.

Really? You do realize that security can be texted now by friend or foe, right?

A more "hostile environment" for foes won't ever happen as long as JR is in charge and stadium policy loosens up.

Really? You do realize that security can be texted now by friend or foe, right?

A more "hostile environment" for foes won't ever happen as long as JR is in charge and stadium policy loosens up.

Key to going "against the grain" on the Huddle:

"JR this"

"JR that"

Key to going "against the grain" on the Huddle:

"JR this"

"JR that"

Okay...so I should not post my thoughts then? Our stadium is too uptight. Let me be Huddle "PC" and state that has to do with the fan base in Charlotte as well and not ALL having to do with JR. Happy?

Okay...so I should not post my thoughts then? Our stadium is too uptight. Let me be Huddle "PC" and state that has to do with the fan base in Charlotte as well and not ALL having to do with JR. Happy?

It's not about that; it's just that everyone blames everything on JR as if he's doing all the wrong things, when most of the time he is doing the right thing and making the team better, as well as the experience better for people of all ages.

I've not been real happy with our sterilized stadium rules from the first time I went to a game and especially since I've been a PSL holder. I would like the stadium rules to get relaxed some, for ONCE, rather than adding more rules. The past two seasons I have seriously contiplated renewing my PSLs. If one more rule that impedes my experience any further than currently is implimented, I will sell my PSLs. I could care less about opposing teams bringing in a poster. Personally, it would give a target to heckle.

I've not been real happy with our sterilized stadium rules from the first time I went to a game and especially since I've been a PSL holder. I would like the stadium rules to get relaxed some, for ONCE, rather than adding more rules. The past two seasons I have seriously contiplated renewing my PSLs. If one more rule that impedes my experience any further than currently is implimented, I will sell my PSLs. I could care less about opposing teams bringing in a poster. Personally, it would give a target to heckle.

:nopity:

Sell them to me, then.

In all seriousness, have you tried contacting anyone with your complaints? To what extent have you gone to in order to make your voice heard?

:nopity:

Sell them to me, then.

In all seriousness, have you tried contacting anyone with your complaints? To what extent have you gone to in order to make your voice heard?

Yes, I have been sent a survey every year for the past three seasons and at the end thsy have a comment box and I express my displeasure with the experience being likened to a movie theatre. I went on at length.

In other words, if it's an idea they like, they'll buy it...like not allowing opposition posters. They can get behind that, no problem. However, relaxing stadium rules so that the average fan doesn't feel confined in their home stadium isn't going to happen.

Archived