• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This kind of pissing me off

Ja  Rhule

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100415/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_us_adoptions#mwpphu-container

I move here from Ukraine when I was a kid and I can tell you it was a living hell. I was super violent, I got into fights at least 6 times per year. Kids were making fun of my access and of my cultural background. Plus, cultural shock was horrible to deal with. Not a day gone buy when I tho about moving back to Ukraine. Adjusting to a new culture is not easy and people that went through this know it.

The kid is going through culture shock and your return him like a broken toy. Disgusting...

Disgusting to say the least. This lady should be jailed and charged with abuse. Imagine the lifetime psychological damage done to this child. I don't know if it is still a standing policy in the state of California or not, but at one time they had a six month return policy on adopted children. No proper channels, no reason to be given, just give the child back to be sifted through foster care until they are adopted again or age out. DSS is a sham! It's all about the money. Concern for the welfare of the children is just a good policy slogan. Don't get me wrong, there are those that work in DSS that authentically concerned and make it a priority to do the best that they can by the kids, but the department as a whole is a joke.

Broken toys can't murder you or burn your house down(at least not with our current technology). Psychotic 7 y/o children can. The way the family 'handled' the problem is unconscionable, but I'll admit I'd think twice about keeping a kid who made threats of physical harm to himself and his new family.

Broken toys can't murder you or burn your house down(at least not with our current technology). Psychotic 7 y/o children can. The way the family 'handled' the problem is unconscionable, but I'll admit I'd think twice about keeping a kid who made threats of physical harm to himself and his new family.

This is a child man! Get him help, get him some therapy. Don't further damage him by sending him the message that he's a returnable object. The anger built up in alot of theses kids especially the older ones is justifiable. Chances are they have never been loved and never felt like they deserved to be. And foster care? Who knows what they've been through. I guess the bottom line would be if she couldn't deal with a problem child then maybe she should have adopted a puppy. Then when it became a problem she could have taken it back without breaking national headlines.

This is a child man! Get him help, get him some therapy. Don't further damage him by sending him the message that he's a returnable object. The anger built up in alot of theses kids especially the older ones is justifiable. Chances are they have never been loved and never felt like they deserved to be. And foster care? Who knows what they've been through. I guess the bottom line would be if she couldn't deal with a problem child then maybe she should have adopted a puppy. Then when it became a problem she could have taken it back without breaking national headlines.

Like I said, the way it was handled was completely wrong, but as far as I know, this family didn't have this kid for years, fug his head up, and then dump him off. Apparently he arrived that way recently.

It takes a special person/family to raise an 'at risk' child, not just someone who wants a kid. It's unfair to give them this child who has severe problems they knew nothing of and expect them to just deal with it emotionally and financially. If this family knew about his background before they agreed to adopt him, then I'd change my stance.

As it stands, no matter how desperate you are to resolve a situation like this, handing a child off to a random Russian citizen who could be a sex trafficker or any number of other bad things is out of the question, and these people should be punished by the law for letting things go down that way.

Archived