• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poker is done

Happy Panther

Well, I wouldn't say it's done since it's been around since 1750...but I think I see what you mean; the whole poker on tv thing and the fascination with it has probably passed. Though I still wouldn't say no to a good game.

agree 100%. Hold'em is now engrained in American culture. But the fanaticism is over.

Logging onto pokerstars now to see how many people are online

I hold a game once a month, and go to a friends once a month to play. I want to play more, just cant. But I do believe the craze is over. When Chris Moneymaker won a $40 online tourney that ended up getting him a seat at the WSOP in 2003, he became an inspiration to anybody who thought they could play, like me. Dude turned that $40 in to 2.5 million. Now, the field was only 700 that year, but still...If you play it is still plenty big.

So why do you say its dead, HP? You tryin to play?

I hold a game once a month, and go to a friends once a month to play. I want to play more, just cant. But I do believe the craze is over. When Chris Moneymaker won a $40 online tourney that ended up getting him a seat at the WSOP in 2003, he became an inspiration to anybody who thought they could play, like me. Dude turned that $40 in to 2.5 million. Now, the field was only 700 that year, but still...If you play it is still plenty big.

So why do you say its dead, HP? You tryin to play?

I just realized I don't care that much who wins what anymore and i am not dying to play. i was huge into it and made some money at one point. 5k in a month anyway at pretty low levels. I read all the books...I think anyone who is technical and patient can do that. But I just don't have the patience to play long term.

Love the occasional home game, but even that is tough. One guy doesn't have money, one guy can't remember the rules etc...

Archived