• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just had a steak for dinner

Jangler

I am low on iron so i probably have steak twice a week. Gives me power.

Most of the time i will just do a very rare tenderloin - extra small.

Last night I had the biggest T-Bone my butcher could legally give me by law washed down with a bottle of cab.

I do a touch of oil, cracked pepper and sea salt. Not to much.

I love steak

I am low on iron so i probably have steak twice a week. Gives me power.

Most of the time i will just do a very rare tenderloin - extra small.

Last night I had the biggest T-Bone my butcher could legally give me by law washed down with a bottle of cab.

I do a touch of oil, cracked pepper and sea salt. Not to much.

I love steak

This man knows what he's talking about. Lately, I'll get a very small tenderloin. I still get an awesome steak and I feel better knowing that I'm eating red meat in moderation.

I'm also with you on the cabernet as well. As of late, I've gotten in the habit of caking my steaks with peppercorns and washing them down with imperial IPAs. Mmmm.

This man knows what he's talking about. Lately, I'll get a very small tenderloin. I still get an awesome steak and I feel better knowing that I'm eating red meat in moderation.

I'm also with you on the cabernet as well. As of late, I've gotten in the habit of caking my steaks with peppercorns and washing them down with imperial IPAs. Mmmm.

Nice. Steak au poivre. I'l send you a recipe tomorrow that will not disappoint

I feel like an idiot for not knowing that was steak au poivre, but I look forward to the recipe just the same. :D

Meh you would have to be a cheese eating surrender monkey to know that. :o

Here is another thing. Most steakhouses will not have Steak au poivre on the menu...but they will all do it and in fact some chefs love it. Order it next time you hit your favorite spot and you may be surprised.

I had the second-best steak I've ever had just last Friday night at a small restaurant in Gadsden, Alabama. It was divine.

I will one day learn to make a steak that way myself.

honestly it pretty simple

Use an oil with a high smoking point like peanut or grapeseed. Use cast iron or copper, turn the heat up as high as possible. Finish with butter as you finish and while it's resting. Let it rest for just a little bit with foil, the smaller the steak the less time you let it rest.

A 1/2" steak only takes about 90 seconds per side. The bigger the steak is you might be better off finishing it in the oven. Any cut from the tenderloin will need to be finished in the oven because it's too lean to stay juicy when searing it.

It took me about 3 times to get it perfect. It's really foolproof.

Archived