• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have figured out Lost

pstall

Last night I heard part of a song from Willy Wonka during a commercial break for Lost.

And it got me thinking if there is a connection. Here it is and good night everybody. No need to watch the last few episodes.

Willy Wonka is Jacob, Slugworth is Black Monster, the remaining candidates represent the 5 kids with the golden ticket and Willy is to pick one to be his successor. The kids represent the seven deadly sins. Augustus - Hurley - gluttony, Veruca Salt - Sun (her dad was very wealthy too) Greed?

But in the end weren't Willy and Slugworth really just working together to find the winner. Like maybe Black Monster and Jacob are working together.

:cool:

That's actually an interesting theory to think about. While I don't think LOST is based on Willy Wonka, you do have a point that none of the candidates could be tested without Jacob and the smoke monster, good and evil.

This is the whole crux of the Christian faith, too. You can't have good without evil. The whole "duality of opposites" thing (which of course isn't only restricted to Christianity).

15 minutes...then I was done.

I'm pretty sure no one can watch Lost for only 15 mins and have get any real sense of what the show is about but I understand if you don't want to invest time in to TV shows.

I was bored on the first episode. I am usually right about most shows too. If it doesn't hook me quickly I move on.

well, if you just watched the 1st episode the only thing you could think is that it was just a show about some fools that crashed on an island........you had to watch several in order to realize it was the greatest show of alltime.

Archived