• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers should go back to Bryce Young

jayboogieman

8 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Right. They can't trade him. And there's a better chance he'll be on the roster next year than Dalton, who would likely want more money as a starter rather than a backup. 

Come on man. They brought Bryce in for one drive while down 40-7. They really shouldn't have even passed the ball. 3 runs and a punt. I'm sure that's how Bryce approached those garbage backup minutes. Even though it really is similar to his normal. Again, not about Bryce becoming the guy. It's about prepping for 2025. 2024 is done. 

there is a 0.0% chance he is on the roster next year, that is just not happening at all

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I'm glad you noticed the avatar. And yes. My takes do align. 

Andy sucks right now. Bryce sucks right now. Andy is gone after this season - and he's about to be 37 years old. Bryce is on contract for another 2 seasons. Why play the old suck that won't be back next year instead of the young suck that will? Doesn't make sense. Take the emotion of Bryce hate out of your thought process and it's unfortunately the lesser of two very bad evils. 

There isn't enough upside to make it tolerable. We have suffered enough. 

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Watch the video. It's much more encouraging a youth movement citing Young as the main example.

No thanks to Donnelly click bait. 

Youth or not. Absolutely zero need to see him and be reminded what a fuging disaster he has been.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Right. They can't trade him. And there's a better chance he'll be on the roster next year than Dalton, who would likely want more money as a starter rather than a backup. 

Come on man. They brought Bryce in for one drive while down 40-7. They really shouldn't have even passed the ball. 3 runs and a punt. I'm sure that's how Bryce approached those garbage backup minutes. Even though it really is similar to his normal. Again, not about Bryce becoming the guy. It's about prepping for 2025. 2024 is done. 

Nope. If that was true they would be playing him. They are not.

Your missing the big picture. If they could move him they would. He has no future here and that's obviously what's going on. They are prepping for 2025 by playing Dalton. Young brings nothing positive to the table by playing. That's the reality even if you can't see it. That was how bad it was when guys were still healthy around here the first 2 games. It's unemotional the right call. He is a bust and no one in their right mind would tie their careers to him after working with him. DC bailed after 2 games and he is the QB whisperer (sarcasm).

Just now, heel31ok said:

At this point there is no reason not to let him play.

Yeah there is. He sucks and just about everybody wants him off the team as soon as finances allow.

Or I could use the excuse that we would ruin any value he might still have. 

Either one is fine. 

14 hours ago, Cavscout said:

I think he's traded before the deadline 

Yep

They are not playing him to ensure he doesn’t get hurt and hoping he doesn’t give fresh images of how he actually is

it seems pretty clear that Canales is finished with him… now, whether he is finished with him because of Tepper and or Morgan or just himself, who knows 

5 minutes ago, strato said:

Yeah there is. He sucks and just about everybody wants him off the team as soon as finances allow.

Or I could use the excuse that we would ruin any value he might still have. 

Either one is fine. 

His value is ruined already.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Nope. If that was true they would be playing him. They are not.

Your missing the big picture. If they could move him they would. He has no future here and that's obviously what's going on. They are prepping for 2025 by playing Dalton. Young brings nothing positive to the table by playing. That's the reality even if you can't see it. That was how bad it was when guys were still healthy around here the first 2 games. It's unemotional the right call. He is a bust and no one in their right mind would tie their careers to him after working with him. DC bailed after 2 games and he is the QB whisperer (sarcasm).

Hey I'm not trying to defend Bryce Young. He's shown that he's broken. But... we're kinda seeing the same from Andy Dalton. Sure he's a little more likely to at least attempt a deep pass. That's the added value right now. If they have a plan for next season that involves trading Bryce Young and bringing in another QB, then I guess they could just keep him on the bench. Or maybe try to increase his value somewhat. My thought is he'll at least be on the roster as a backup next season. But Dalton probably won't. 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

At this point there is no reason not to let him play.

He literally cannot run the offense. He is incapable of doing the basic things necessary to run it. Dalton can.

does that mean Dalton is good? No. But it means Dalton doesn’t have to run the gimped, pathetic scheme Young was

Won’t be a movement with Bryce playing. He can’t and won’t move the ball. If Dalton gives you 10 points, Bryce will give you 3. Dalton is absolutely still the best option, as he can still make the throws Bryce can’t make, and Dalton will still push the ball downfield; something Bryce will not do. 

Honestly can’t wait until both these dudes are gone. Dalton is ready to be put to pasture, and Bryce never should’ve been out there to start. That was evident early last year

7 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Hey I'm not trying to defend Bryce Young. He's shown that he's broken. But... we're kinda seeing the same from Andy Dalton. Sure he's a little more likely to at least attempt a deep pass. That's the added value right now. If they have a plan for next season that involves trading Bryce Young and bringing in another QB, then I guess they could just keep him on the bench. Or maybe try to increase his value somewhat. My thought is he'll at least be on the roster as a backup next season. But Dalton probably won't. 

It's all about his value. It only goes down if they play him. If he was the answer they would be playing him. That's it.

Dalton is 37 in a week and headed towards retirement. If you remember him in NO then none of this is a surprise even with the fun Raiders game. Young isn't playable, they are trying some reps but it still looks really bad. He is already gone and a trade is better than a cut but he won't make it to the 53 next year. They will take a swing at a QB and they need a vet so they have options and CYA. We are picking 1 or 2. There is zero space in that equation for Young.

I wasn't trying to come off as belittling or talking down to you. If I did I apologize but it's all the truth. If they aren't playing him after that last game it's obvious that is not the path. DC saying it's all about Dalton just confirms it.