• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers should go back to Bryce Young

jayboogieman

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Also Mariota just put up more points than Williams against us. The only knock I have seen from Daniels is he is growing and that injury, which I still don't know how bad it is. 

Daniels build reminds me of RG3. Being that thin and running into NFL LBs isn’t going to end well for him. You think Washington would have learned their lesson. 

• Pie 1

If you take the emotion out of it, the right thing to do is to play Bryce now. Andy isn't an upgrade anymore. He had one great game, and then slowly deteriorated into Bryce level play. If he's playing Bryce level, then just play Bryce. This ain't even about Bryce becoming the guy. Maybe he will, most likely he won't. But we KNOW Andy ain't it either, so just play the young guy. 

The rest of 2024 needs to be prep for 2025. Trade anyone that ain't coming back. Play as many young guys as possible. Brooks needs to play when he's ready too. Blow it up and start the rebuild in earnest this time. 

Oh and Canales needs to give up the playcalling and focus on being HC. Evero needs someone in his ear to get him to think outside the box. Sure he doesn't have much to work with, but you can't keep doing the same thing hoping someone will do something they rarely ever do. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

23 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Daniels build reminds me of RG3. Being that thin and running into NFL LBs isn’t going to end well for him. You think Washington would have learned their lesson. 

Yeah that's his knock. But he looks great. He needs a solid offseason and a dad bod lol. It's a process and that team needs work. Him sitting was absolutely the right call. No rush there, it's not worth it to ruin talent just to try and make a playoff appearance in year 1.

52 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

If you take the emotion out of it, the right thing to do is to play Bryce now. Andy isn't an upgrade anymore. He had one great game, and then slowly deteriorated into Bryce level play. If he's playing Bryce level, then just play Bryce. This ain't even about Bryce becoming the guy. Maybe he will, most likely he won't. But we KNOW Andy ain't it either, so just play the young guy. 

The rest of 2024 needs to be prep for 2025. Trade anyone that ain't coming back. Play as many young guys as possible. Brooks needs to play when he's ready too. Blow it up and start the rebuild in earnest this time. 

Oh and Canales needs to give up the playcalling and focus on being HC. Evero needs someone in his ear to get him to think outside the box. Sure he doesn't have much to work with, but you can't keep doing the same thing hoping someone will do something they rarely ever do. 

Bryce cannot throw more than ten yards downfield and actively cripples the offense when he's on the field. He is literally incapable of running this scheme.

Playing him is how you get a locker room revolt.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

30 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Bryce cannot throw more than ten yards downfield and actively cripples the offense when he's on the field. He is literally incapable of running this scheme.

Playing him is how you get a locker room revolt.

Sir, remove the emotion. Andy completed 11 passes for 93 yards against the Commanders. That's less than 8.5 yards per completion, not attempt, per completion. 10 yards from Bryce would be an improvement. And the locker room is in shambles right now anyway. I don't think Bryce will make it worse. Sure, he sucks but so does the team. 

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I agree. He doesnt have it in his mind and never seen a player more rattled in my life. He is completely done and is actually a danger to himself and others being out there. Im serious, he could easily get seriously hurt playing that scared on the field. When they play scared they play tight and tense up more when hit which could very well set the stage for a serious injury or cause him to throw hospital balls to our WR's and TE's. Its just bad for everyone if Bryce played again with what appears to be a completely destroyed self esteem out there.

Yeah he really sold the farm for that rushing TD against the Saints, he almost got blown up 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Sir, remove the emotion. Andy completed 11 passes for 93 yards against the Commanders. That's less than 8.5 yards per completion, not attempt, per completion. 10 yards from Bryce would be an improvement. And the locker room is in shambles right now anyway. I don't think Bryce will make it worse. Sure, he sucks but so does the team. 

Sir. Your takes are definitely lining up with your avatar. Just saying.

Bryce Young entered a game down 33 points. Threw for negative yardage and capping it off with a throw behind the line of scrimmage on third down. He's as toast as Dalton only 13 years younger and significantly smaller.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Sir. Your takes are definitely lining up with your avatar. Just saying.

Bryce Young entered a game down 33 points. Threw for negative yardage and capping it off with a throw behind the line of scrimmage on third down. He's as toast as Dalton only 13 years younger and significantly smaller.

I'm glad you noticed the avatar. And yes. My takes do align. 

Andy sucks right now. Bryce sucks right now. Andy is gone after this season - and he's about to be 37 years old. Bryce is on contract for another 2 seasons. Why play the old suck that won't be back next year instead of the young suck that will? Doesn't make sense. Take the emotion of Bryce hate out of your thought process and it's unfortunately the lesser of two very bad evils. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Andy sucks right now. Bryce sucks right now. Andy is gone after this season - and he's about to be 37 years old. Bryce is on contract for another 2 seasons. Why play the old suck that won't be back next year instead of the young suck that will? Doesn't make sense. Take the emotion of Bryce hate out of your thought process and it's unfortunately the lesser of two very bad evils. 

Bryce would be gone if they could trade him. He isn't the future any more than Dalton, Dalton is just better and that is why DC is still playing him. Young had negative yards his opportunity this game. Young is absolutley the the worst of those 2 evils. 

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

He's already gone brother. You don't bench him the way they did and talk about things the way they do without making it abundantly clear that is indeed the case.

There's no hate for either QB. They both stink. The team stinks. The roster has thrown in the towel. We're dead in the water for the time being. Bryce Young won't be here near season and at this point Andy probably won't either. We need to fully reset the QB room and from there rebuild this thing from the ground up.

• Beer 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Bryce would be gone if they could trade him. He isn't the future any more than Dalton, Dalton is just better and that is why DC is still playing him. Young had negative yards his opportunity this game. Young is absolutley the the worst of those 2 evils. 

Right. They can't trade him. And there's a better chance he'll be on the roster next year than Dalton, who would likely want more money as a starter rather than a backup. 

Come on man. They brought Bryce in for one drive while down 40-7. They really shouldn't have even passed the ball. 3 runs and a punt. I'm sure that's how Bryce approached those garbage backup minutes. Even though it really is similar to his normal. Again, not about Bryce becoming the guy. It's about prepping for 2025. 2024 is done. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He's already gone brother. You don't bench him the way they did and talk about things the way they do without making it abundantly clear that is indeed the case.

There's no hate for either QB. They both stink. The team stinks. The roster has thrown in the towel. We're dead in the water for the time being. Bryce Young won't be here near season and at this point Andy probably won't either. We need to fully reset the QB room and from there rebuild this thing from the ground up.

If they can get rid of Bryce without hamstringing the cap, then I'm all for it. But there's some uncertainty there. Andy ain't coming back as a starter, for backup money. He'll want more. He should want more. 

Just ride Bryce to the #1 pick, and go from there.