• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers should go back to Bryce Young

jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Cutting him is perfectly fine too but gwtting anyone to take him is better at any price. He is unplayable. If Dalton looks that bad then Young will look worse. He literally won't throw past thr LOS unless the D is playing prevent. It worked for a few plays 2? Weeks ago and didn't on Sunday after they had that many plays of film on what to expect. It's a bad take. He isn't Baker or Darnold. He is worse than Russell.

They already secured a top 3 pick. That doesn't matter. It's a lock given teh state of the team and coaching.

We need the top pick.

1 minute ago, TD alt said:

We need the top pick.

We do not. The best QB is not usually at the top.

The idea Tepper trades back goes agaisnt everything he is. He absolutely loved the spotlight and people being forced to talk about him after that trade.

And they will still likely end up with it anyways. If the coaching doesn't improve it's damn near a lock.

21 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We do not. The best QB is not usually at the top.

The idea Tepper trades back goes agaisnt everything he is. He absolutely loved the spotlight and people being forced to talk about him after that trade.

And they will still likely end up with it anyways. If the coaching doesn't improve it's damn near a lock.

Even if we don't ultimately trade back, the best QB may not be at the top, but damned good ones are. Caleb Williams may end up the ROY yet, notwithstanding Daniels.

I'm not sure that Tepper won't trade back if that's what's in the long term interests if the franchise. He's tired of losing as much as we are. I don't think it has anything to do with being the talk of the town either. He's almost assuredly beyond that.

I'm not saying that trading back is even the best option, but what I am saying is that being at number one opens up more options than being at two or three. That's just the fact of the matter. 

10 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Even if we don't ultimately trade back, the best QB may not be at the top, but damned good ones are. Caleb Williams may end up the ROY yet, notwithstanding Daniels.

I'm not sure that Tepper won't trade back if that's what's in the long term interests if the franchise. He's tired of losing as much as we are. I don't think it has anything to do with being the talk of the town either. He's almost assuredly beyond that.

I'm not saying that trading back is even the best option, but what I am saying is that being at number one opens up more options than being at two or three. That's just the fact of the matter. 

We are picking 1 or 2, probably 1. Best QBs are in the top 10 sure, not all but most. But since the 2021 draft and that unusual year the 1st pick is not the best pick as a QB.

Daniels is absolutely a better QB than Williams. I don't want Sanders either.

Stop putting logic in Tepper's moves. If he was logical or reasonable this team wouldn't be a dumpsterfire. It's a red flag of BS. Tepper is capable of anything but the good I will belive them it finally happens because it has not ever yet.

They already had a #1 pick and epically blew it. I'm fine with the #2 with this crew. Our GM was in the room when they drafted Young so it's not like there has been massive change from that historical failure.

Take a breath and don't get it twisted is my advice. This crew put together a team earning a top pick 2 years in a row and your worried about missing out and not them making a bad pick again which should be the real worry.

Edited by Waldo

Only positive in playing him now, is hopefully they don't get the idea to trot him out next season. 

Play him now, let him suck, take the 7th round pick you can get for him after that. Maybe he'll have a magical Darnold/Baker renaissance somewhere else, but it's never happening here. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

i vote for trade.

if he's going to make it, it won't be with us.

probably not trading him just because of how embarrassing it will be. 

We get like a 4th round pick.....after trading away 8 billion draft picks and gutting our roster of studs. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

probably not trading him just because of how embarrassing it will be. 

We get like a 4th round pick.....after trading away 8 billion draft picks and gutting our roster of studs. 

anything we do or don't do will be embarrassing.

sitting him for dalton is embarrassing.

putting him back on the field and letting him throw for negative yardage is embarrassing.

watching him stand on the sidelines holding his collar and wearing that ear piece is embarrassing.

none of those options help us. only thing that does is trading him away.

rip the bandaid off and move on.

• Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We are picking 1 or 2, probably 1. Best QBs are in the top 10 sure, not all but most. But since the 2021 draft and that unusual year the 1st pick is not the best pick.

Daniels is absolutely a better QB than Williams. I don't want Sanders either.

Stop putting logic in Tepper's moves. If he was logical or reasonable this team wouldn't be a dumpsterfire. It's a red flag of BS. Tepper is capable of anything but the good I will belive them it finally happens because it has not ever yet.

They already had a #1 pick and epically blew it. I'm fine with the #2 with this crew. Our GM was in the room when they drafted Young so it's not like there has been massive change from that historical failure.

Take a breath and don't get it twisted is my advice. This crew put together a team earning a top pick 2 years in a row and your worried about missing out and not them making a bad pick again which should be the real worry.

I don't know that Daniels is absolutely better than Williams, and I don't think anyone does. That's just talk at this point.

I'm not a Sanders person either. At this point I'm not a Beck or a Ewers person either. 

I am a Cam Ward person. He's the only QB I'd take at the top of the draft.

Edited by TD alt
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

anything we do or don't do will be embarrassing.

sitting him for dalton is embarrassing.

putting him back on the field and letting him throw for negative yardage is embarrassing.

watching him stand on the sidelines holding his collar and wearing that ear piece is embarrassing.

none of those options help us. only thing that does is trading him away.

rip the bandaid off and move on.

They cannot trade his guaranteed money. That will accelerate and put them over the cap. I fear they are stuck with him until the offseason. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I don't know that Daniels is absolutely better than Williams, and I don't think anyone does. That's just talk at this point.

I'm not a Sanders person either. At this point I'm not a Beck or a Ewers person either. 

I am a Cam Ward person. He's the only QB I'd take at the top of the draft.

Ward looks solid and he is the best option from the little I have seen.  I like what I have also seen from his attitude. Tons of upside and room to improve. He projects well to the NFL IMO. 

Daniels looks great on a much worse team. Williams looks talented but I bet he will go the Baker route, not because of talent but because of his brain/maturity. Go look at Baker's rookie year numbers and remember who he still was when he came to Carolina, well he didn't leave that way. We couldn't get poo for pressure on Williams and the little we could get he folded on those plays. Heaps of talent and it's going to take a lot of time for him to mature, which is a bad combo with a #1 pick. Whatever, Sanders would be that guy in this draft IMO so do not want. He is so overhyped. 

17 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Also Mariota just put up more points than Williams against us. The only knock I have seen from Daniels is he is growing and that injury, which I still don't know how bad it is. 

Media:

”Bryce is a point guard to play immediately, he’ll make others better. Carolina is the perfect spot for him over HOU”

”Just give him time he has poise and is a processor”

”Y’all just aren’t seeing it - he’s got it, you’re failing him”

”Carolina gave him no help, it’s the worst situation possible for him”

”They should have never started him off the bat, they should have eased the little sweet boy in. They ruined him. He should have learned behind a vet”

(gets put behind a vet)

”Bryce should start again”

• Beer 1