• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

it's an adolescent temper tantrum reaction.

trade or release a few players, sure...especially Young and Ian Thomas.

if you did trade or release everyone, what would you get for it? a bunch of people no one else wants for good reason? you try to trade what someone is calling the worst roster in the league and what realistically do we think we'd be able to get for it? you tear it down to zero and then start over...who will you get? nothing. 

we've got a very young roster with some talent that needs invested in and some experience. we're at ground level. build up from here. team has already been torn down and a foundation is being laid. this year and next year will be working on that foundation. just build from where we are. 

The only players they should invest in is the ones the team drafts. Chubba should not be extended here. Johnson should not be given a contract here. Only players from the last draft are eligible and that is a few years down the road. It's cap clearing time and it's going to be painful. They invested in the OL already so that's out of the way.  Just add draft picks and no more FA'S beyond a 1 year contract to fill a hole. Draft your future roster and give out extensions if they prove to be part of the future. If not a cornerstone player you trade them or let them walk. Rinse and repeat until you have a playoff contending roster. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this would be an epically bad move. 

keep the OL and maybe add some depth and maybe a center. but we don't want to take any steps backward here.

You’re telling me if someone were to offer you a first round draft pick for Iky who’s better off playing guard than left tackle you wouldn’t take it?  I worked with a few of his post players and they both agreed he was a better NFL guard than left tackle that’s straight from their teammates mouth in college.

also, you mentioned a few post earlier the team is super injured and that’s why they’re playing bad. Remember the first two games where we got absolutely annihilated with our starters? I’m telling you from someone that’s built a business and rebuilt teams. It’s a culture. The culture is horrible.  Now that starts with Tepper but you still need talent even the starters weren’t playing well. 

The point of the thread was to see what draft picks we can get for certain players not talking about people that are in their mid 50s an adolescent. You’re telling me national respected radio host on Sportsradio stations that share the same opinion the opinion that I actually got from them are adolescent temper tantrums?

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

this would be an epically bad move. 

keep the OL and maybe add some depth and maybe a center. but we don't want to take any steps backward here.

Yeah and finding an equivalent LT in free agency would cost a LOT of money.

It's going to be a lot easier to find the Chuba's and Johnson's than another capable LT.

I get the historic anger at Ikey(largely from last season) but that OL group is the last thing I would start dropping bombs on(this includes moving Moton) if we have any desire to add a rookie QB in the next few seasons.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't think trading a LT playing well is a smart move. How soon we forget the more than a decade of terrible LT play.

I get that he isn't the second coming of Orlando Pace but he looks like he might have turned the corner to being above average. Do we want to suddenly create another critical roster need?

I don't even think that he'd be on the table under any scenario. Probably not Horn or Brown either. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TD alt said:

Anyone would probably love to trade for Ickey because he has put up above average play---actually good---on a fairly consistent basis this season. He is progressing better than many younger players at the position. 

Don't "Chuba" Ickey.

I don't think we should trade him fwiw then we also have to address LT against tons of other needs 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

it's an adolescent temper tantrum reaction.

trade or release a few players, sure...especially Young and Ian Thomas.

if you did trade or release everyone, what would you get for it? a bunch of people no one else wants for good reason? you try to trade what someone is calling the worst roster in the league and what realistically do we think we'd be able to get for it? you tear it down to zero and then start over...who will you get? nothing. 

we've got a very young roster with some talent that needs invested in and some experience. we're at ground level. build up from here. team has already been torn down and a foundation is being laid. this year and next year will be working on that foundation. just build from where we are. 

Who are you assuming that people want to get rid of?  The only untouchables outside of the rookies would be Horn and Brown.  I probably wouldnt mess with the oline but everyone else is fair game.

Especially Theilen, Clowney, Johnson and Chubba.  Move them immediately.  Figure something out with Sanders, Mingo and Woods.

I dont think losing those dudes for draft picks changes the trajectory of this teams future.  We need draft capital and cheap bodies on the roster being developed

And not to beat a dead horse but this should have been taken to the studs in 2020.  Every team has to cycle through this but tepper simply refused to do it and here we are

Edited by mrcompletely11

13 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I don't think we should trade him fwiw then we also have to address LT against tons of other needs 

It's just message board talk. I can't imagine Morgan even imagining that. We needed a serviceable LT for the better part of a decade, and then trade him away. Nah! I know some people think that he's not that good, but I know better. He's been inconsistent for sure, but his needle is on the way up.  Even if we draft another LT by chance at some point, we need to keep Ickey because he's a solid lineman overall. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TD alt said:

It's just message board talk. I can't imagine Morgan even imagining that. We needed a serviceable LT for the better part of a decade, and then trade him away. Nah! I know some people think that he's not that good, but I know better. He's been inconsistent for sure, but his needle is on the way up.  Even if we draft another LT by chance at some point, we need to keep Ickey because he's a solid lineman overall. 

Yeah, if another potentially elite tackle drops to you in a draft, maybe consider taking them so you can replace one of the guards(moving Ikey over) or Moton in the future. I understand that logic. But not just deconstructing literally the only good unit on the entire team(outside maybe the kickers).

15 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

At some point we have to keep proven commodities on the roster, I’ve heard all the rational of releasing cam, trading cmc, trading burns, trading DJ Moore etc 

as bad as this roster is we need retain anyone that would fetch a 2nd or 3rd in a trade(besides young), can’t trust that we can draft adequate replacements 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Trading away all your good plays in order to get "more draft picks" is very short sighted; especially when you look at our draft classes under Tepper. You can't trade away a Chubba Hubbard or Jaycee Horn and automatically assume you are going to find a better/comparable player in the next draft class.
As bad as the BY trade was, we have our #1 pick in 2025 (probably a top 5 selection) and 8 other picks.

We have  LA's #2, our own 3 and 4th selections, two 5th round choices, a 6th round choice, and two 7th. 

We have plenty of choices already. Improving the team is going to boil down to whether or not the FO picks the right players this spring, the 2024 class stepping up, and improving the play at QB.

49 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only players they should invest in is the ones the team drafts. Chubba should not be extended here. Johnson should not be given a contract here. Only players from the last draft are eligible and that is a few years down the road. It's cap clearing time and it's going to be painful. They invested in the OL already so that's out of the way.  Just add draft picks and no more FA'S beyond a 1 year contract to fill a hole. Draft your future roster and give out extensions if they prove to be part of the future. If not a cornerstone player you trade them or let them walk. Rinse and repeat until you have a playoff contending roster. 

i could go with this. no complete demo needed. we've got a decent start with the draft. just keep going and get FAs on one year deals going forward. only thing i could see us doing is adding a youngish vet QB on a couple year deal to see how it works.

Players on expiring contracts like AT, DJ, Chuba, Woods, Sanders, etc should be flipped for picks. They are more than likely gone next year anyway. I’d consider moving Clowney or Moton for the right price as they are FAs after next year and Moton would clear out a ton of cap space…

13 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Trading away all your good plays in order to get "more draft picks" is very short sighted; especially when you look at our draft classes under Tepper. You can't trade away a Chubba Hubbard or Jaycee Horn and automatically assume you are going to find a better/comparable player in the next draft class.
As bad as the BY trade was, we have our #1 pick in 2025 (probably a top 5 selection) and 8 other picks.

We have  LA's #2, our own 3 and 4th selections, two 5th round choices, a 6th round choice, and two 7th. 

We have plenty of choices already. Improving the team is going to boil down to whether or not the FO picks the right players this spring, the 2024 class stepping up, and improving the play at QB.

why the fug would chubba resign here?  And more importantly why the fug would we want to resign him?  Trade any and all expiring contracts today