• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why the fug would chubba resign here?  And more importantly why the fug would we want to resign him?  Trade any and all expiring contracts today

I'm not saying Chubba want to resign here. To be honest I don't know why anyone would ever come to Carolina unless it was for a boat load of money and that person had no interest in winning.

As for keeping Hubbard, I don't see a problems with it if the deal is reasonable pricewise. We have a 2nd round back coming off an ACL tear. We have no ide how he is going to play upon his return. These days you pretty much have to have 2 backs to ease the RB workload. The days of the 25-30 carry per game are long gone. Brooks contract is pretty cheap. If Hubbard came back around 4-5 million for 3 seasons that wouldn't break us. 

And, if you did trade him at the deadline, what are you expecting in return? Most likely a 4th. Is that really going yo move the needle? Nope. 

If a player want to be moved this season and you can get a good return, that's one thing. But the idea of trading "all expiring contracts today" is unreasonable. We don't have anyone on this roster who is going to fetch more than a 3rd/4th round pick. I don't see a player on our roster who is going to put another team over the hump. Furthermore, it's not like we have a FO with a good track record nailing their draft picks. If they did we wouldn't be in the current predicament.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i could go with this. no complete demo needed. we've got a decent start with the draft. just keep going and get FAs on one year deals going forward. only thing i could see us doing is adding a youngish vet QB on a couple year deal to see how it works.

That qb would depend on the contract details. But I could be convinced one way or the other. If this is going to work they need to take it seriously and get their cap and house in order before they start committing to the future roster. If they do not do this now it will never be done. The suck will continue until they face the music.

• Pie 1

The proper way to approach this rebuild is to trade off any player that can net you a 3rd round or higher draft pick (except good o linemen and the one or two good d lineman we have), then do your best to trade out of the incoming #1 pick to try to get some additional draft capital.  Basically try to do to someone else what the Bears did to us.

Draft best player available in every round.  When you're this bad you just have to.  Hopefully the BPA is D-line heavy and we can convert to 4-3 so we can focus on sideline-to-sideline players at LB.  The team has to be rebuilt from the trenches.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Which way have you meant?  It’s been 6 years since tepper took over and getting worse. How should we be “patient”?  

Every season, same stuff. Fire everybody, get new players. Every season except this season has been a revolving door at QB. Coaches. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

The proper way to approach this rebuild is to trade off any player that can net you a 3rd round or higher draft pick (except good o linemen and the one or two good d lineman we have), then do your best to trade out of the incoming #1 pick to try to get some additional draft capital.  Basically try to do to someone else what the Bears did to us.

Draft best player available in every round.  When you're this bad you just have to.  Hopefully the BPA is D-line heavy and we can convert to 4-3 so we can focus on sideline-to-sideline players at LB.  The team has to be rebuilt from the trenches.  

A thoughtful agreement. THIS is what I’m talking about. 

14 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Tell me who on this team is worth a 3rd round pick for another team? Johnson's contract is expiring at season's end. If someone really wants him they can wait until he's hits FA. He's good, but he doesn't make any team a title threat just because he joins the squad.

Hubbard is also going to be a FA at the end of the year. Besides, isn't the current thought around the league (and this board) is that RBs are a dime a dozen. They supposedly aren't worth a 2nd contract. Why would anyone trade for Hubbard if RBs are so easy to find in the draft?

Outside of possibly Jaycee Horn, who do you think another team is going to be willing to part with a top 100 pick to acquire a player from arguably the worst team in the NFL?

I agree with drafting the BPA  in every round when your team is terrible (and even in some case when it is good), but when was the last time the Panthers did that? They can't even get it right when they have the first pick in the draft.

No series of trades is going to help this team. They need to start drafting well. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us have faith in the FO to do that.

• Pie 1