• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

Some of you keep saying this, but let's say we do. And let's say we hand the reins to Andy or Jameis, or possibly even Bryce for the year. We end up winning five to eight games and then have to trade up all over again to get to a higher spot. How is this going to help? Trading up from the ninth spot by giving up a king's ransom is to a large degree why we are where we are this season. 

That poo ain’t happening. Stop it. With Bryce or Andy they still will win 2 games. The culture and players are total trash with failure to launch. This team has had a half ass rebuild and we need a COMPLETE tear down. A major reboot. I thought about it, if that means Brown, Hunt, Lewis, and moron gone, so be it. 

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

overreaction. won't have the desired effect. 

Thank you for your opinion.  Let’s keep the worst players in NFL history around, why, well because we want to.   The panther way. Agree to disagree.   

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

Everyone here is frustrated. But you have to move forward using some level of sound logic and rational thinking.

Just resetting the entire roster and trading off everyone for any pick you can get isn't necessary. The cupboards are bare. We are already in the midst of a youth movement. Just need to keep adding more youth and if Canales doesn't show signs of improvement by next season you consider a change. Same with Morgan. There is a possibility Canales doesn't last the season but doing so will only result in a worse hire in the short term we all need to understand that no matter how frustrated we are.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

There is merit behind both responses here.

I think it boils down to the return. Unless we are getting a literal haul worth drooling over just stay put and draft the best player on the board.

We need a haul.. We need as many picks as we can get

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Everyone here is frustrated. But you have to move forward using some level of sound logic and rational thinking.

Just resetting the entire roster and trading off everyone for any pick you can get isn't necessary. The cupboards are bare. We are already in the midst of a youth movement. Just need to keep adding more youth and if Canales doesn't show signs of improvement by next season you consider a change. Same with Morgan. There is a possibility Canales doesn't last the season but doing so will only result in a worse hire in the short term we all need to understand that no matter how frustrated we are.

it's an adolescent temper tantrum reaction.

trade or release a few players, sure...especially Young and Ian Thomas.

if you did trade or release everyone, what would you get for it? a bunch of people no one else wants for good reason? you try to trade what someone is calling the worst roster in the league and what realistically do we think we'd be able to get for it? you tear it down to zero and then start over...who will you get? nothing. 

we've got a very young roster with some talent that needs invested in and some experience. we're at ground level. build up from here. team has already been torn down and a foundation is being laid. this year and next year will be working on that foundation. just build from where we are. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

it's an adolescent temper tantrum reaction.

trade or release a few players, sure...especially Young and Ian Thomas.

if you did trade or release everyone, what would you get for it? a bunch of people no one else wants for good reason? you try to trade what someone is calling the worst roster in the league and what realistically do we think we'd be able to get for it? you tear it down to zero and then start over...who will you get? nothing. 

we've got a very young roster with some talent that needs invested in and some experience. we're at ground level. build up from here. team has already been torn down and a foundation is being laid. this year and next year will be working on that foundation. just build from where we are. 

The title confused me because we have already burned it down last off-season and the team is on ground zero. We are rebuilding. Morgan pretty much said as much during the off-season. He tried to nicely tell fans the team won’t be that good this year. I doubt he thought we would be this bad, but honestly I am not surprised we are. 
Only players I see use trading of DJ and Young. Nothing really else to trade. 

• Pie 1

We are still in the rebuilding phase. The defense has regressed, so therefore we need to go ahead and potentially look elsewhere for a new coach on that front. But as far as going forward Morgan and Canales should be allowed to continue their vision for the rebuild over the next two more years. We’ve seen improvement on the offensive line and there are flashes from the receivers and tight end, but the quarterback needs to be addressed going forward.

keep allowing them to make small moves here and there and not overreact is the way to go

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TD alt said:

Anyone would probably love to trade for Ickey because he has put up above average play---actually good---on a fairly consistent basis this season. He is progressing better than many younger players at the position. 

Don't "Chuba" Ickey.

Yeah, I don't think trading a LT playing well is a smart move. How soon we forget the more than a decade of terrible LT play.

I get that he isn't the second coming of Orlando Pace but he looks like he might have turned the corner to being above average. Do we want to suddenly create another critical roster need?

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, KaijuGato said:

We are still in the rebuilding phase. The defense has regressed, so therefore we need to go ahead and potentially look elsewhere for a new coach on that front. But as far as going forward Morgan and Canales should be allowed to continue their vision for the rebuild over the next two more years. We’ve seen improvement on the offensive line and there are flashes from the receivers and tight end, but the quarterback needs to be addressed going forward.

keep allowing them to make small moves here and there and not overreact is the way to go

i think the biggest reason the defense has regressed is that we 1) have so many players out that we were counting on. lots of injuries. and 2) we have  a TON of new/young guys taking the majority of snaps and even starting. this is actually good for them.

i wouldn't argue with getting a new defensive coaching staff, but with so many starters on the injured list i just think it's to be expected that we wouldn't be doing good. 

like it's not ideal, right now, to have Wallace wearing the green dot, but it's good for him and the rest of the young defense to get that relationship going. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't think trading a LT playing well is a smart move. How soon we forget the more than a decade of terrible LT play.

I get that he isn't the second coming of Orlando Pace but he looks like he might have turned the corner to being above average. Do we want to suddenly create another critical roster need?

this would be an epically bad move. 

keep the OL and maybe add some depth and maybe a center. but we don't want to take any steps backward here.

• Beer 1