• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

At some point we have to keep proven commodities on the roster, I’ve heard all the rational of releasing cam, trading cmc, trading burns, trading DJ Moore etc 

as bad as this roster is we need retain anyone that would fetch a 2nd or 3rd in a trade(besides young), can’t trust that we can draft adequate replacements 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You lost me at Darnold. He is very far from a "star."

CMC trade was good. Overpaid(I would say this about literally any NFL RB) and injury prone. Also got an insanely good(probably will not be matched in the next 10 years) trade haul for a RB. We are just lightspeed retarded and squandered almost 100% of the proceeds.

DJ Moore....Christ that one hurts so fuging bad.

We have passed on so many stars and long term starters over the past 6 years in the draft that it is sickening. But, how else do you end up where we are if it isn't this sort of gross roster/draft mismanagement? 

Just go ahead and start investing in appropriate Panthers merch.

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Darnold is in the MVP conversation just like CMC was last season.

They are playing like stars.

We didn't get to see the new and improved Darnold. Tepper got sick of Wilks having the locker room and decided to give both the boot smh.

We were robbed of a potential explosive offense with CMC/Moore and Darnold. Like I said we also could have added a Zay Flowers to that core as well. Can you imagine!

• Pie 1

Just now, KaijuGato said:

Fields could be interesting to bring in next off season, but there are some other interesting FA QBs as well. They may not be high profiled Qbs, but interesting enough to take a look.  

Gotta have them on the cheap as well, don’t break the bank for a bridge QB

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Darnold is in the MVP conversation just like CMC was last season.

They are playing like stars.

We didn't get to see the new and improved Darnold. Tepper got sick of Wilks having the locker room and decided to give both the boot smh.

We were robbed of a potential explosive offense with CMC/Moore and Darnold. Like I said we also could have added a Zay Flowers to that core as well. Can you imagine!

I am in on Flowers and Moore but none of the rest of that. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think Morgan needs to go. I hated that half ass attempt last off season. We need to get someone fuging ruthless at GM and HC

Unfortunately, I think you are probably right. I didn’t like staying inside when the prior regime included Morgan, not just because of Morgan but because it was so trash that there was no great call that we could even point to and say maybe that was Morgan.

Until we get really good drafts where our rookies look like legit stars, we are going to stay in the toilet.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, SOJA said:

we don't really have anything of value to trade. Jaycee is our best current player and he's on the last year of a rookie deal. Dionte clearly has his foot out the door and if Davante adams is only going for a third you aren't getting more than a late round pick for him on an expiring. Thielen is old and coming off injury. Chuba is in a contract year. Idk why anyone would  trade for Ickey. Who else is there? You going to trade XL?

The only reasonable trade chips we have our Clowney, Thielen and +/- Dionte and Bryce. I think if we traded all four we wouldn't get higher than a fourth for any of them. 

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to acquire assets because lord knows we need them but I think the time to do is on draft day trading down with a team desperate for a QB. My hope is the raiders fall in love with sheduer and we do to them what chicago did to us 

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We should be moving players but there isn't much to move. AT has almost no value(bad injury, older), Johnson has some value, Horn has some value. Outside that there isn't much to work with before the trade deadline. Bryce doesn't make a ton of sense because of the cap implications. Ikey doesn't make sense because the line is already insanely thin, he has played pretty well and he's VERY cheap for an averageish LT. Hubbard could be a candidate but likely won't garner much compensation. 

I saw Clowney mentioned, he is basically conditional 7th at best. Not even worth trading. A lot of our guys fall in that category. No value or 6th or 7th round at best. At that rate, what is the point?

Anyone would probably love to trade for Ickey because he has put up above average play---actually good---on a fairly consistent basis this season. He is progressing better than many younger players at the position. 

Don't "Chuba" Ickey.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, frankw said:

I am in favor of adding more picks. But as has been stated it doesn't matter as long as we have the same scouting staff and the same people ultimately making the final decision.

Also let's be as realistic as possible about the value of 99% of the players on our roster. That is anyone not named Derrick Brown. They aren't worth more than mid to late rounders. If anyone is hoping for someone like Diontae Johnson to fetch a 3rd keep dreaming.

Our biggest value piece is going to be that top pick. Need to trade down and try to get some more picks and pray to God we don't fug them up

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Our biggest value piece is going to be that top pick. Need to trade down and try to get some more picks and pray to God we don't fug them up

Some of you keep saying this, but let's say we do. And let's say we hand the reins to Andy or Jameis, or possibly even Bryce for the year. We end up winning five to eight games and then have to trade up all over again to get to a higher spot. How is this going to help? Trading up from the ninth spot by giving up a king's ransom is to a large degree why we are where we are this season. 

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

56 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Some of you keep saying this, but let's say we do. And let's say we hand the reins to Andy or Jameis, or possibly even Bryce for the year. We end up winning five to eight games and then have to trade up all over again to get to a higher spot. How is this going to help? Trading up from the ninth spot by giving up a king's ransom is to a large degree why we are where we are this season. 

There is merit behind both responses here.

I think it boils down to the return. Unless we are getting a literal haul worth drooling over just stay put and draft the best player on the board.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I think the lesson learned after Bryce is that you DON'T need the number 1 pick to get a great QB.  While there are a fair number of successful #1 pick QBs who have panned out, a lot of the "best" QBs came after the top 5.  Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, etc weren't #1 over all picks.  There's plenty of good that can happen when you draft top 10 so long as you  are smart about roster building.

Now as far as Dan Morgan - honestly, there's some good and some bad.  He was #2 to Scott Fitterer, which can't be forgotten.  But he also went out and got two really good guards and drafted some guys who are showing some potential.  Got to give him some time really.  I know it sucks to have to do that, but that's just the way it is.

As far as who has value to trade away:  Diante Johnson, AT, JC Horn...Taylor Moton?  Chubba? (they doth protest too much for him not to be available...).

I'm pretty sure I laid out the plan last offseason. Should have brought in only 1 year minimum salary guys to fill out the roster. Cut anyone who could clear money by doing so and have 0 money committed to anyone in 2026. Suck this year (accomplished while still trying to win). Build the roster in 2025, draft a qb in 2026. We refuse to purge and will continue to wallow in suck while still signing contracts that will just end up in dead money 2 years down the road

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

There is merit behind both responses here.

I think it boils down to the return. Unless we are getting a literal haul worth drooling over just stay put and draft the best player on the board.

Exactly. We'll have to see what's  offered at the time and make our decision from there.