• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lol...we have already traded everybody worth a damn.

I think at this point it's really more about who is going to be on the team in the future and gaining some compensation for them. We still suck at compensatory picks, so this is actually a reasonable way to accrue something.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

We wouldn't be the 1st team to pitch a front office job to Peyton. It seems like he is pretty comfy in the niche he has carved out for himself.

He is rolling in endorsements and has an insanely cushy and high paying job with ESPN.

I doubt he could easily be swayed out of that.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who TF do we have left to trade? This sorry team has already traded every player that is recognizable. We have zero talent and the worst depth in the league. 

I took the bashing and now here we are.

All those poo emojis finally proved to be the truth. I been preaching stars for years. Not because I don't like paying them big money, but because they make a difference.

At one point this offense had CMC/Moore and Darnold. You telling me we couldn't have build around that core. We could have added a Zay Flowers to that mix had we kept our pick. 

Cmon guys every good team has multiple stars on their roster. You gotta have stars in this league. Stop pocket watching great players they are expensive for a reason.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All those poo emojis finally proved to be the truth. I been preaching stars for years. Not because I don't like paying them big money, but because they make a difference.

At one point this offense had CMC/Moore and Darnold. You telling me we couldn't have build around that core. We could have added a Zay Flowers to that mix had we kept our pick. 

Cmon guys every good team has multiple stars on their roster. You gotta have stars in this league. Stop pocket watching great players they are expensive for a reason.

Having stars is nice but you need people in charge that have an idea of what's going on. That's not the Panthers. Dave has tried to turn this team into Wall Street and it's failing epicly. We could have an all pro team and still go nowhere. 

• Beer 1

It feels like David Tepper has the mindset of if you throw enough poo at the wall eventually, it will stick. Hence why he is hiring and firing management and coaches year end and year out. It is that instant gratification mentality. We want new management and new coaching, but if our owner continues to fire these people, we won’t get anybody in those positions worth a damn.

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You lost me at Darnold. He is very far from a "star."

CMC trade was good. Overpaid(I would say this about literally any NFL RB) and injury prone. Also got an insanely good(probably will not be matched in the next 10 years) trade haul for a RB. We are just lightspeed retarded and squandered almost 100% of the proceeds.

DJ Moore....Christ that one hurts so fuging bad.

We have passed on so many stars and long term starters over the past 6 years in the draft that it is sickening. But, how else do you end up where we are if it isn't this sort of gross roster/draft mismanagement? 

Just go ahead and start investing in appropriate Panthers merch.

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Flames 1

Trade anyone for anything, it doesn't matter and better people should have better outcomes than the Seahawk failure club we have going on here lately. Obviously guys on cap breaking deals and young guys performing well not on their last year of their rookie deals are out. Fire the president and promote Tillis, the new Tepper buffer. Hire a NFL consultant and let them do the hiring with Tillis. Send the Teppers overseas for the entire process. Fire Morgan and start the GM search early. Notify DC the new HC search is underway and fire him after the last game. Fire the scouts (just put them in a room until after the draft and then fire them, or turn them lose on the rest of the NFL for all I care at this point). Let the GM and HC meet to discuss like Lynch and Shanny, I also prefer they not have worked closely before like those 2. Everyone should get a options in their contracts that if Tepper meddles they all get their full contact at that moment. That's my wish list. 

Or just keep doing the same crap in new ways. It's like watching someone mop with filthy water around here. Until Tepper steps back and puts a real football guy in charge at the top nothing meaningful will change. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Flames 1

We ARE in a rebuild and have been since the end of last season. The hope for a relatively quick turnaround was that Bryce might turn it around and become the guy. It doesn't look like that's happening, so we're basically back to square one.

However, we have FINALLY fixed the OL and have a great young RB about to debut for us. We also have promising options in the passing game for the first time in years in XL and Sanders. Defense is a mess, but that's how it goes and a good chunk of that is also injury related.

People want to bitch and complain and say we should be rebuilding. Well, THIS is what a rebuild looks like. It's just that we haven't fully committed to it until now when it should have been the plan back in 2019 instead of trying to "soft" reboot the franchise.

Rebuilding teams get blown out; it happens all the time. We have to start focusing on the silver linings, of which there are quite a few:

- The OL is, at long last, fixed.

- That includes Brady Christensen, who now looks like our long-term answer at center.

- It also includes Ickey, who is finally playing consistently good football.

- Both the FA guards we signed are playing their asses off.

- Jaycee Horn is finally healthy.

- Chuba Hubbard has emerged as one of the better RBs in the NFL.

- Jalen Coker looks like a keeper on offense.

- Trevin Wallace looks like a keeper on defense.

- Jonathon Brooks is about to debut.

- J.T. Sanders is improving each week and is coming off his best game.

- XL looks like a future stud.

There are positives, but it's going to be an up and down process. Some weeks we'll look good (Raiders), others we'll look OK (Falcons), and others we'll get our doors blown off (Commanders).

That's what a rebuilding football teams looks like.

2 hours ago, KaijuGato said:

I know Mark Davis would love to do that, but with Tom Brady being a part of that ownership now it might be a long stretch to do that.

See I kind of see it as the opposite. They will talk Brady into that they can make him a mentor for Shedeur