• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

5 minutes ago, csx said:

Hubbard and Johnson are the only ones of value I would trade. Maybe Moton.

Moton doesn't have enough value to trade, IMO. Plus, Niman is just not good at all. That is an unwise move, IMO.

Of the minimal bright spots this season, the OL was one. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They actually do have a smart FO that doesn't seem to make panic decisions. They aren't the Jets. They know that this can continue past Shanahan if need be.

I don't think they are likely to make this sort of move at all.

Except there have been lots of reports that it's a SB or bust season for Lynch as ownership hasn't been happy with the contracts he's given out because of what it's going to do to their cap situation in the next few years.

If they aren't at worst in the NFC Championship game again, he's 100% getting fired and there have been rumors that Shanahan, for as great as he's been, will end up being tied to Lynch's fate.

They have to make panic moves right now or it's going to cost them their jobs.  I'd be shocked if they don't trade for a WR before the deadline, whether it's one of our guys or someone like a Mike Williams who is clearly available, who knows, but they'll get someone.

7 minutes ago, csx said:

The team would not look this God awful without all the injuries. I'm not saying it would be good.

Without the injuries they may have won 3 games total. We may not have gotten blown out so badly but that window has already closed.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, csx said:

Hubbard and Johnson are the only ones of value I would trade. Maybe Moton.

I think next year moton has a 40 million cap charge.....

thats the other kill shot with drafting poorly, theres no extra cap space to sign players that teams allowed to hit FA. One of my fav listens had a saying " teams do not allow good players to leave " rare cases like when the panthers let norwell hit FA, but they already paid top bucks to turner.

The other kicker it takes most FA one year to adapt to the new team. 

ugh..

How can you have no talent and no cap space??? 

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Except there have been lots of reports that it's a SB or bust season for Lynch as ownership hasn't been happy with the contracts he's given out because of what it's going to do to their cap situation in the next few years.

If they aren't at worst in the NFC Championship game again, he's 100% getting fired and there have been rumors that Shanahan, for as great as he's been, will end up being tied to Lynch's fate.

They have to make panic moves right now or it's going to cost them their jobs.  I'd be shocked if they don't trade for a WR before the deadline, whether it's one of our guys or someone like a Mike Williams who is clearly available, who knows, but they'll get someone.

TBH, I don't buy the Lynch rumors even a little bit. If anything, he has proven how adept he is at evaluating and acquiring talent(in free agency and through the draft).

IMO, Shanahan is likely the one to be staring at the hot seat.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I think next year moton has a 40 million cap charge.....

thats the other kill shot with drafting poorly, theres no extra cap space to sign players that teams allowed to hit FA. One of my fav listens had a saying " teams do not allow good players to leave " rare cases like when the panthers let norwell hit FA, but they already paid top bucks to turner.

The other kicker it takes most FA one year to adapt to the new team. 

ugh..

How can you no talent and no cap space??? 

The bigger issue is less money than this being a desirable spot in free agency outside just trying to get paid. I think we will dramatically struggle to make good FA additions here until we get this ship turned around. It's basically draft or bust.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

TBH, I don't buy the Lynch rumors even a little bit. If anything, he has proven how adept he is at evaluating and acquiring talent(in free agency and through the draft).

IMO, Shanahan is likely the one to be staring at the hot seat.

Oh I absolutely buy the rumors as they've been handing out huge contracts lately and haven't won the SB yet on their QB's rookie deal and are somehow even worse this year (yes I know injuries play a factor).

Being great at evaluating talent only gets you so far, if you don't win the SB and are saddling yourself with serious cap issues in the very near future, it's not going to help a GM keep his job.

I think Lynch is in far more danger of being fired than Shanahan because of those contracts, far too much smoke about ownership being unhappy about the Williams and Aiyuk contracts for there to be no fire.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The bigger issue is less money than this being a desirable spot in free agency outside just trying to get paid. I think we will dramatically struggle to make good FA additions here until we get this ship turned around. It's basically draft or bust.

Just to add about FA passing on signing here, besides the losing. The QB is unknown. Think if youre a decent WR and carolina calls you up with a offer and you ask "who is the QB for 2025"........If carolinas plan to try BY again, LOLOLOLOLs. A rookie LOLOLLLLLLLLOOLOLs. There no cap space to sign a Qb besides vet min, LOLLOLOLOls. 

so they need a plan for QB and i doubt Drew Lock would get the FAs to came here....

No talent

No depth

No QB

No young talent

No cap space

Your Carolina Panthers!!!

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh I absolutely buy the rumors as they've been handing out huge contracts lately and haven't won the SB yet on their QB's rookie deal and are somehow even worse this year (yes I know injuries play a factor).

Being great at evaluating talent only gets you so far, if you don't win the SB and are saddling yourself with serious cap issues in the very near future, it's not going to help a GM keep his job.

I think Lynch is in far more danger of being fired than Shanahan because of those contracts, far too much smoke about ownership being unhappy about the Williams and Aiyuk contracts for there to be no fire.

This is literally the same thing thrown at the Saints for years and years but that GM soldiered on. 

Shanahan will bear the brunt of these failures because everyone with any sense can see that is the most talented roster in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Just to add about FA passing on signing here, besides the losing. The QB is unknown. Think if youre a decent WR and carolina calls you up with a offer and you ask "who is the QB for 2025"........If carolinas plan to try BY again, LOLOLOLOLs. A rookie LOLOLLLLLLLLOOLOLs. There no cap space to sign a Qb besides vet min, LOLLOLOLOls. 

so they need a plan for QB and i doubt Drew Lock would get the FAs to came here....

No talent

No depth

No QB

No young talent

No cap space

Your Carolina Panthers!!!

Tepper your expectations, my son.

Messenger_creation_856399676687211.thumb.jpeg.ae79a33146b4d598adf9939322b83f0d.jpeg

• Flames 1