• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade everyone and fully rebuild..

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think Morgan needs to go. I hated that half ass attempt last off season. We need to get someone fuging ruthless at GM and HC

Yep, what experience does the guy have? Who did he learn from? A lot of the GMs have worked at lower levels for several teams. We have to look at how other crappy teams have turned it around stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

we don't really have anything of value to trade. Jaycee is our best current player and he's on the last year of a rookie deal. Dionte clearly has his foot out the door and if Davante adams is only going for a third you aren't getting more than a late round pick for him on an expiring. Thielen is old and coming off injury. Chuba is in a contract year. Idk why anyone would  trade for Ickey. Who else is there? You going to trade XL?

The only reasonable trade chips we have our Clowney, Thielen and +/- Dionte and Bryce. I think if we traded all four we wouldn't get higher than a fourth for any of them. 

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to acquire assets because lord knows we need them but I think the time to do is on draft day trading down with a team desperate for a QB. My hope is the raiders fall in love with sheduer and we do to them what chicago did to us 

We should be moving players but there isn't much to move. AT has almost no value(bad injury, older), Johnson has some value, Horn has some value. Outside that there isn't much to work with before the trade deadline. Bryce doesn't make a ton of sense because of the cap implications. Ikey doesn't make sense because the line is already insanely thin, he has played pretty well and he's VERY cheap for an averageish LT. Hubbard could be a candidate but likely won't garner much compensation. 

I saw Clowney mentioned, he is basically conditional 7th at best. Not even worth trading. A lot of our guys fall in that category. No value or 6th or 7th round at best. At that rate, what is the point?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The OLine is proving to be good and shows that a position group can be turned round with investment.

Id be looking to retain players that accelerate the output of a young QB - OLine and weapons. 

The risk of scorched earth mindset is that you wait longer and then still rolling the dice on a QB - the long rebuild doesn’t always work either.

I think you look to move Chuba, makes sense with Brooks. Aside from that you are getting rid of players who almost certainly outperform the low draft pick return. That actually makes us worse.

Edited by Urrymonster2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to acquire assets because lord knows we need them but I think the time to do is on draft day trading down with a team desperate for a QB. My hope is the raiders fall in love with sheduer and we do to them what chicago did to us 

I know Mark Davis would love to do that, but with Tom Brady being a part of that ownership now it might be a long stretch to do that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Urrymonster2 said:

The OLine is proving to be good and shows that a position group can be turned round with investment.

Id be looking to retain players that accelerate the output of a young QB - OLine and weapons. 

The risk of scorched earth mindset is that you wait longer and then still rolling the dice on a QB - the long rebuild doesn’t always work either.

I think you look to move Chuba, makes sense with Brooks. Aside from that you are getting rid of players who almost certainly outperform the low draft pick return. That actually makes us worse.

Agree. Guys like Johnson I understand getting rid of. He seemed to be pretty checked out Sunday. I highly doubt he has any desire to stick around, for that matter.

Horn honestly looks like he is starting to check out too. I wouldn't be against moving him. I expect he would be better elsewhere but I think we are just on borrowed time. He is likely to want to head elsewhere once his contract is up.

• Pie 1

Probably be better to sign young teachable players , purge the books of bad contracts, and build equities from within. Players like Luvu should have been a higher priority than Clowney. Sometimes you just got to ride the wave and see what you've got already on the roster. Win now mentally is shot. 

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

If we're not on the phone with the 49ers about Deontae and/or Thielen than we're doing something wrong.

Both of them would be great players in that offense and they now have a huge whole at WR after losing Aiyuk.

Not really. They still have Jennings and Deebo. Plus Pearsall is now playing. 

I actually don't think they are in panic mode at WR. 

1 minute ago, Jackson113.2 said:

Probably be better to sign young teachable players , purge the books of bad contracts, and build equities from within. Players like Luvu should have been a higher priority than Clowney. Sometimes you just got to ride the wave and see what you've got already on the roster. Win now mentally is shot. 

Luvu wanted to leave. It wasn't us not wanting to keep him. In fairness, he was 100% correct because the way Dan Quinn uses him is better than he would have been utilized here.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Horn honestly looks like he is starting to check out too. I wouldn't be against moving him. I expect he would be better elsewhere but I think we are just on borrowed time. He is likely to want to head elsewhere once his contract is up.

Horn can be one of those guys that we can build the defense around. We could use him as a captain for a young  defense because he’s expressed that he wants to be here and that he was upset that we let some players go on defense.

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think Morgan needs to go. I hated that half ass attempt last off season. We need to get someone fuging ruthless at GM and HC

The biggest problem is that David and Nicole Tepper are running the show. As long as they are hands on and calling the shots it will never change. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 2