• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers move up to #2 overall

CRA

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah obviously there is a certain slot that makes sense as far as trading back.

It really depends on the offer. It's also possible we could trade back and get a solid player in return to help fill the void of missing out on the Hunter/Tmac prospects.

Like Chicago got DJ Moore in return for trading back so far. I can see something like that.

Just a hypothetical something like Maxx Crosby and future picks from the Raiders. Also depends on how far back the Raiders are to give up a elite pass rusher like Crosby.

I really don't see the raiders giving up Crosby even if we get the number one pick. I feel like he is the one guy that is untouchable for them

15 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean, I don't dismiss that the dude is in a horrible spot. 

but honesty (or at least a more honest approach) is better approach than the gymnastics this dude is trying to pull.  

Just say, we feel Bryce was rushed into the role.  We are focused on him developing this year behind the scenes.  Things don't have to be hard.  And you should of talked to Morgan to add a backup to QB to insert to take lumps in beatdowns.  Boom.  Done.  I mean, you already botched going into this year.  Where you should of added another legit prospect if you were going to wash your hands of Bryce so quick. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

but honesty (or at least a more honest approach) is better approach than the gymnastics this dude is trying to pull.  

Just say, we feel Bryce was rushed into the role.  We are focused on him developing this year behind the scenes.  Things don't have to be hard.  And you should of talked to Morgan to add a backup to QB to insert to take lumps in beatdowns.  Boom.  Done.  I mean, you already botched going into this year.  Where you should of added another legit prospect if you were going to wash your hands of Bryce so quick. 

He is just saying obvious."Bryce Young is no longer in our plans."

Just now, Jaxel said:

He is just saying obvious."Bryce Young is no longer in our plans."

sure doesn't seem like this team really had plans though....(which is my main complaint). 

given they benched Bryce after week 2.  And didn't play him all preseason.  And didn't add someone legit to go along with Andy if Bryce was in the plans. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

sure doesn't seem like this team really had plans though....(which is my main complaint). 

given they benched Bryce after week 2.  And didn't play him all preseason.  And didn't add someone legit to go along with Andy if Bryce was in the plans. 

I'm not convinced Bryce was ever part of Dan and Canales long term plan. They just needed to keep the message for the team sake before it became so apparent how bad Young was that they could bench and move on from him. New coach, new GM always = new QB. This will be no different. Expect Sanders or Ward to be on this team next year, whether they are starting or not.

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think they had planned on him being worse than last season. I know I certainly didn't think he could get worse. But not having a contingency plan in place if he did was not my responsibility.  That falls on management. I honestly think they were counting on Young going forward, and may actually still believe in him. Why? I do not know, but that's my theory until he's no longer on the team.

Edited by Jon Snow

10 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I really don't see the raiders giving up Crosby even if we get the number one pick. I feel like he is the one guy that is untouchable for them

They need a QB. That market needs a franchise QB. They have the next great TE in Brock Bowers who's currently leading all TEs in yards as a rookie. Brady is now part owner. You know he will be looking to get Sanders who he mentors off the field. I think he's signed to his brand TB12.

I'm not saying Crosby will be available. I'm just saying see just how far they are willing to trade up for their QB. 

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I really don't think there is anyone in this draft worth trading up to #1 for. May end up being proven wrong but I don't want to be on the losing end of that sort of trade......again.

I am still in favor of standing pat unless a wild trade offer is made. BPA all the way. IDC what position in that top 5 range. Just make it a clear cut and relatively safe second contract, solid starter. Elite if possible.

This is the only time you guys will ever hear me say this. I wish Marty Hurney was picking our 1st round player in 2025. Picking 1st round talent was the only thing Marty was actually good at. 😂 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

This is the only time you guys will ever hear me say this. I wish Marty Hurney was picking our 1st round player in 2025. Picking 1st round talent was the only thing Marty was actually good at. 😂 

That's because he went bpa in the first. After that it was his gut feelings. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

In recent years, teams have really gone crazy chasing and wildly overdrafting QBs. If you have the #1 pick you WILL have some juicy trade offers on the table, I have no doubt about that.

If we can get a bunch of picks + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders, while still staying in the top 10... I'm gonna do backflips.

We will never get that. And the only reason teams get those crazy hauls is because they always have an offer from Carolina as leverage to raise the asking price. When Carolina has the number one pick no one offers poo because the most poorly managed team in the NFL isn’t there to raise the trade package deal. We might get offered a 1st swap with future conditional fifth rounder, and we will probably take it and miss out on a future hall of famer. This whole organization is a joke.