• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers move up to #2 overall

CRA

58 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Maye has looked good they will win another game maybe two. I can't see us winning any more games. 

Eh....I mean he has looked better but they have also increased their scoring deficient with him(losing by roughly 80% more PPG), so I am not sure I would call that shot about them being a lock to pass us.

Make no mistake, that is a terrible team too.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that depends on what trading back looks like and how far. In a draft that seems to be short on elite talent, it might not be wise to trade out of the range to actually land it.

Yeah obviously there is a certain slot that makes sense as far as trading back.

It really depends on the offer. It's also possible we could trade back and get a solid player in return to help fill the void of missing out on the Hunter/Tmac prospects.

Like Chicago got DJ Moore in return for trading back so far. I can see something like that.

Just a hypothetical something like Maxx Crosby and future picks from the Raiders. Also depends on how far back the Raiders are to give up a elite pass rusher like Crosby.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah obviously there is a certain slot that makes sense as far as trading back.

It really depends on the offer. It's also possible we could trade back and get a solid player in return to help fill the void of missing out on the Hunter/Tmac prospects.

Like Chicago got DJ Moore in return for trading back so far. I can see something like that.

Just a hypothetical something like Maxx Crosby and future picks from the Raiders. Also depends on how far back the Raiders are to give up a elite pass rusher like Crosby.

Bro, only we are dumb enough to offer up someone like Crosby to get a potentially mediocre QB.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, djp14 said:

I get not drafting a QB and accumulating picks. But somebody's gotta play QB next year. And if it's not Dalton or Young, it's gonna have to be someone cheap. 

That's the point of trading back and collecting future high potential picks.

We obviously go with a bridge QB for cheap. Maybe Fields just to see him on a prove it deal. We continue to hit on our draft picks and add talent and go from there.

Maybe we get lucky and end up with the #1 pick. Depends on the team trading up. Sanders in Vegas is probably still a bad team. He has Bowers and not much else on offense. Raiders could potentially give us another top 5 pick plus our pick in the following draft. That's potentially 2 top 5 picks in the Arch Manning draft.

Maybe we get Manning and top WR prospect. Maybe that gets the Manning's interest in Manning playing in Carolina.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Bro, only we are dumb enough to offer up someone like Crosby to get a potentially mediocre QB.

Raiders will be looking to make a splash. The Brady factor will be huge because that's Sanders mentor. They already have a relationship outside of football. That team is clearly looking for a franchise QB to build around.

Crosby is great, but he's not a QB. Vegas will be desperate to get their QB. Brady will make sure it happens. Hell Sanders was already seen taking pictures with the Raiders owner at the Vegas game a few weekends ago. It's already in play.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Raiders will be looking to make a splash. The Brady factor will be huge because that's Sanders mentor. They already have a relationship outside of football. That team is clearly looking for a franchise QB to build around.

Crosby is great, but he's not a QB. Vegas will be desperate to get their QB. Brady will make sure it happens. Hell Sanders was already seen taking pictures with the Raiders owner at the Vegas game a few weekends ago. It's already in play.

Hey, I am all for finally being on the positive end of a fleecing. It would be about fuging time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I hope we stay there. No trading up this time. But Tepper is going to Tepper this thing up so I don't know why I even bother. 

The only way I would want #1 is to take Ward (if he turns out to be the real deal) or trade back. 

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The only way I would want #1 is to take Ward (if he turns out to be the real deal) or trade back. 

I really don't think there is anyone in this draft worth trading up to #1 for. May end up being proven wrong but I don't want to be on the losing end of that sort of trade......again.

I am still in favor of standing pat unless a wild trade offer is made. BPA all the way. IDC what position in that top 5 range. Just make it a clear cut and relatively safe second contract, solid starter. Elite if possible.

The nice thing about being so bad… there’s almost no wrong pick. Wanna grab T-Mac? Sure we could use a high level WR. Graham? We could definitely use a force on the line next to Brown.

Pearce? A pass rusher would be great. Campbell? Probably not our biggest need… but we don’t have an elite LT.

Will Johnson. Could use a talent upgrade in the secondary.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....I mean he has looked better but they have also increased their scoring deficient with him(losing by roughly 80% more PPG), so I am not sure I would call that shot about them being a lock to pass us.

Make no mistake, that is a terrible team too.

agreed but their defense (also decimated by injuries) is better than our defense. I think they sneak one or two more out again some bad division opponents 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

agreed but their defense (also decimated by injuries) is better than our defense. I think they sneak one or two more out again some bad division opponents 

It's possible. We will see how it shakes out.

I am only pushing back on the idea that we are a lock at #1. Stiffer competition than normal this year.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1