• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers move up to #2 overall

CRA

Why it's critical we get the #1 pick

Teams like the Jags/Pats/Rams are not going to take a QB #1 overall. These teams are a threat to trade back. We know the Raiders will be aggressive with Brady now part owner. They are a sexy market and they need a QB in that city. The Browns will also have pressure to replace Watson for the future who knows what they will do to move up. And the Titans obviously aren't sticking with Will Levis so that's 3 teams who will be our competition for a QB.

If we want the best outcome we need to have that #1 pick. That's our leverage. If Tepper doesn't want the pressure of taking another QB he needs to trade back and get his picks back from the Bryce failure. No Panthers fan should be rooting for anything not #1. That's our ticket to a quicker rebuild.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I assume you are guessing Giants.  What's the other? 

any two of Giants, Cardinals Cowboys, falcons, Bucs, If Carr is still out maybe saints.  team may play hard for Cannales to beat his old team.  but in order for carolina to show progress, they will need to atleast win 3 games.

Edited by chknwing

In recent years, teams have really gone crazy chasing and wildly overdrafting QBs. If you have the #1 pick you WILL have some juicy trade offers on the table, I have no doubt about that.

If we can get a bunch of picks + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders, while still staying in the top 10... I'm gonna do backflips.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The goal should be #1 so we can trade back with Vegas for more picks so we can fill the holes on this team.

I know everyone wants a QB, but I do not trust Tepper taking another QB #1. If he misses again that might be my final straw leaving this team for good.

Do the right thing trade back and build your roster. The Bears showed us how it's done. They only had to wait the following year to get their QB. There is hope.

I think that depends on what trading back looks like and how far. In a draft that seems to be short on elite talent, it might not be wise to trade out of the range to actually land it.

• Pie 1