• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have You Ever Taken a Hiatus from This Team?

Hoenheim

Been a fan forever and this is the first year I have not gone out of my way to watch the games live. I think I’ve only seen one live this season. I’ll go back and watch games when I’m bored.

Compared to years prior where I would make a day of it, get beer , cook some good food, make sure I had work off no other arrangements….and look forward to Sundays.

It’s really just a waste of time, a big change needs to happen to this franchise (Tepper selling) for anything to happen. The culture has to be god awful in that stadium and no high picks or big trades are going to change that. Tepper ruins it all.

• Beer 1

I haven't watched every game since the beginning because sometimes I may visit family or be on vacation or whatever but this week's game was the first one I've ever turned off without something better to do and I did that by halftime. 

I'm close to just watching whatever game is on opposite the Panthers game....maybe go back to my favorite team before they existed,  the Steelers.  Problem is I just use antenna cause the NFL isn't getting any of my money.

I just know I'm tired of this 💩 

After Jake injured his elbow, I thought we should have immediately started looking for his replacement. We were the stupidest team in the league for a while then. I didn't spend anything on Panthers for a few years. Not that it mattered to the team, but I wasn't going to spend money on a garbage product.

We are back to that same level of stupidity.

• Pie 1

Fan since season 0.
Disliked Tepper as the new owner within the first year. Gave up in ‘20 and stayed gone for ‘21.  Came back for the best year we’ve had  under the asshole in 2022 only to watch him flush 5 years down the toilet with that Young brilliance  

Before this season I had promised unless Young went to crossroads and made a deal - and poo did a 180 - that if they kept putting him on the field I would not do another season.
At this point if he is on the 2025 roster I may bail. 

A positive is we are right there for the first pick without having to watch him play I turned the channel both times he came in late and hope I have seen the last of him. But I thought we’d have to play him all year to suck this bad. 

9 hours ago, SOJA said:

i've tried but I literally just can't not watch the games. it is literally an addiction. I wish I could just stop caring. 

This reads sarcastic as fug but it's not 

I really haven't tried to just forego the games. I'll put it on if nothing else. Now I have found myself surfing the web, shopping on Amazon or emailing whomever---stuff like that, as opposed to concentrating on every play. Sometimes I'll miss something good and have to watch a replay.

It's a bad soap opera if nothing else. There's some entertainment value in there if you change your mindset. It's just not good football. 

• Beer 1

I'll just say what I keep saying.  Though I can't imagine being in a city with no NFL team, I was 11 when this team played it's first game, it's probably better if this team just packs up and leaves.  There's way too many fans of other teams here, and the ones we do have will be completely gone by the time we're even close to competitive.  All anyone cares about down here is college basketball anyway.   Just move them.  And the Hornets too while you're at it.