• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have You Ever Taken a Hiatus from This Team?

Hoenheim

The Redzone Channel and Scott Hanson have made it salvageable.  I usually do the quad screen with the volume on the panthers game until it gets out of hand then switch to the redzone channel fully when it’s out of control.

I mean I'm out of market and don't have Red Zone this year (thank god). You could say I've been on hiatus for years now, but they're still my team and I'll check in. But there is zero chance I'll tune into every single game like I used to when I was younger with more free time. If I'm that interested then I'll sail the high season the internet to watch them which is easy enough. But I'll never truly drop them I don't think.

I wouldn't blame anyone for just giving up. Tepper has earned scorn ridicule disdain and then some. He does not deserve people giving his franchise money honestly.

For me I just keep up with the team loosely and remain a fan but laugh at their horrendous embarrassments and keep it pushing. I'm not jumping ship to some other team or walking around here wearing contending teams jerseys. If people want to that's their prerogative but that's not me.

From here I'm just going to see how the Hornets do. They were the first sports team I ever rooted for and the first I ever saw in person. At this point I have significantly more hope for that franchise turning things around to any degree than I do the Panthers.

As long as douchbag tepper owns the team, I'm not supporting it anymore. He's literally the worst owner and its not even close. He has no clue on what it takes to run a succesufl franchise. He's only in it for the profit that he can make off the city of Charlotte. I'm now a players fan. So, I've been taking a hiatus since week 2 this year after crawling back from last year to check out the new *insertquantity* year rental we have for a coach until Tepper decides to fire him too.

Edited by Hugor Hill

I've been a Panthers fan since Day 1. I was working a shift at Food Lion during the Hall of Fame Game in 1995 between the Panthers and Jaguars. I remember checking with customers that came into the store asking if they knew the score. I've followed them ever since. However, times may be changing.

My son and I went to the game yesterday. Being a Bama grad myself, and with him being a Bama fan, we were joking towards the end of the game about stopping by the Team Store and buying Brian Robinson jerseys. We both loved him at Bama, and with the way the Panthers have played over the past few years, I could see us both turning into fans of individual players rather fans of any particular team.

I say that somewhat in jest, but man, it is hard to pull for the Panthers under Tepper.

Edited by Bama Panther