• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have You Ever Taken a Hiatus from This Team?

Hoenheim

With the Panthers in such a tailspin for the past several years but especially the last 2 seasons.  I'm wondering if the franchise is going to lose the vast majority of its fans.

I'm seeing hardcore fans at the end of their patience with the Panthers. I've been a Panthers fan since 2003 and even I'm getting fed up. I won't stop being a fan but seeing this level of incompetence on the field every Sunday is killing my desire to watch football in general.

I even watched the Browns and Pats play today and saw more from both of them than I did from the Panthers. Jaguars won and looked pretty happy. Patriots have drake may. The only real comparison to our situation is the Browns. But they've got decent pieces and talent just poo qb.  At the very least they've got a much deeper and longer nfl history to latch onto compared to us. 

Maybe its because we don't really have anything positive to latch on to like all the other bad teams. But it seems hopeless. Im leaning towards just listening to radio broadcast of this game in the background while I get other poo done on Sunday.  Maybe that way I can just have a chuckle and not feel like I've wasted my whole Sunday watching overpaid buffoons flail around on a football field for 3.5 hrs and get punked by every other team in the NFL. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I'm always on hiatus. I have been for nearly a decade now. I didn't watch the game yesterday and that was the 1st game I've missed since the team was founded. I spent my time watching the Chiefs game and I'm not a Chiefs fan. Was hoping the 49ers would win. The best game yesterday was the Lions game. I think I'm going to bandwagon them for a while. 

• Pie 3

I just do other things and tune out if it's as bad as the 2nd half of last year.

I'm just not sure if it's going to turn around until Tepper sells or dies. It's a Snyder situation apparently. And then there is Nicole...

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

I wouldn’t blame anyone to just become a general football fan and watch what’s entertaining. It’s fine. Bandwagon another squad if you will too…

It’s also looking like a crap 2025 draft so it’s not even an interesting offseason to get jazzed up for.

Yesterday reminded us we are very very far away from being competitive. It was only 10-0, with Daniels out, against Mariota and one of the worst defenses in the league. And we got blown out 30-7 from that point on.

I feel like this is cruel punishment for us thinking Rhule was so terrible. The universe is like, “you think that’s bad? Hold my beer”

We have maybe 2 of 22 starting spots in a spot where we can roll into next year comfortable.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Ornias said:

No, but I spend a lot less time paying attention to them. 

Yup, I had the game on yesterday, but was doing things around the house so I would watch in spots.  I knew the defense was garbage and did tasks when they were on the field, but at least tried to watch some of our offense.  I should have not watched it at all, I might have got more things accomplished although I did get a good bit done.

a few times. been happening more frequently the past few years. i start off feeling pretty good then we fall on our face and can't get up for tripping on our elbows. 

yeah...that didn't make sense, but neither has the level of suck we've been seeing every year. we keep swinging that bat like a drunk donkey and do nothing but hit ourselves in the kneecaps.

Not really, I have missed watching maybe 5 games in the last 22 years. 4 were in 2016 because I had a job where I was traveling a lot and my flight always aligned perfectly with the game for some reason. Another was the Steelers game in 2010, I was sick and slept right through it. I always watch. I care some years more than others though. 

Now back in the 90s, of course I was younger. I kept up with the Panthers but I didn't really make it a point to watch them come hell or high water. I probably watched 60-70% of the games those years. At the start of the Fox era is where I really started committing no matter what.

Sure. Before we drafted Peppers I just had casual interest in the Panthers as the local team. They'd never really given me a reason to become a true fan. Then they drafted Julius Peppers. Before that I was just a general NFL fan and would just watch the best game on at the time. I had favorite players more so than favorite teams. 

Been trending more and more that direction. I've probably missed a third or more of our games for the past 3-4 years. I watched the Chiefs vs. Niners yesterday during our time slot. That was much more enjoyable than watching us get our ass kicked by a team playing a backup QB that looked as bad as we did last year. All this talk about not being able to turn things around quickly is just nonsense. It's been done time and time again. You just can't turn things around quickly when the organization is ran by a megalomaniac football moron.