• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssssstttt.... Hey Tepper ..

Zod

On 10/21/2024 at 8:04 AM, Zod said:

Maybe don't draft tiny quarterbacks #1 overall again.

It's sad this needs to be said. 

Toodles

Could you rename the 2023 nfl draft sub the "College Football Forum"?

Look at the team's record since it was last renamed.

I get frustrated with the "I was smarter than them" thinking around here. 

If you truly are smarter than all the scouts and GM's out there, and are not one yourself, then its a lack of ambition and hard work that is keeping you a miserable internet troll. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Frank really wanted this to be his swan song. His chance to come back to where he started. He was probably dreaming up plays for Stroud after Tep promised that he had his pick of his dude. You can’t convince me that Frank came here with the intention of coaching Bryce.

Frank saw that Bryce just didn’t have it after the first few days of camp and it’s a wrap from there. 

That is pretty much exactly as I had it figured. 
It totally fits everything we saw. 

36 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

If you truly are smarter than all the scouts and GM's out there, and are not one yourself, then its a lack of ambition and hard work that is keeping you a miserable internet troll. 

To be fair who wants to be an area scout and live on the road making very little money? And when you’re a scout you’re just a piece of the puzzle. You give your input and that’s it. Way too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Too often I think teams over scout and often fall in love with the kid more than the player. Scouting can literally be done on YouTube these days. I’d honestly rather the Panthers hire one of these Twitter/YouTube nerds that dedicate their lives to scouting all these guys for fun. 

Hell, even the ones here that post in the college forum would have had a higher success rate the last 7 years drafting for the Panthers than the Panthers have had 

Everyone is beyond frustrated with this team doing dumb ass poo every year and think they’re smarter than everyone else 

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Just smarter on the common sense. I am not a scout and don’t claim to be a smart evaluator of college prospects. 
It is the freaking NFL and there has been no successful player at QB the size of Young in decades. Pre Super Bowl mostly (maybe Flutie who just kills Bryce on arm strength). No NFL arm, his mechanics were horrible and ugly to be honest. Tippy toes and jump throws. No speed that separates him, no quickness, no size.

WTF does he even have? Honestly. None of it stands out except in the wrong way. 
You did not have to be smart to see this. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

To be fair who wants to be an area scout and live on the road making very little money? And when you’re a scout you’re just a piece of the puzzle. You give your input and that’s it. Way too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Too often I think teams over scout and often fall in love with the kid more than the player. Scouting can literally be done on YouTube these days. I’d honestly rather the Panthers hire one of these Twitter/YouTube nerds that dedicate their lives to scouting all these guys for fun. 

Hell, even the ones here that post in the college forum would have had a higher success rate the last 7 years drafting for the Panthers than the Panthers have had 

Everyone is beyond frustrated with this team doing dumb ass poo every year and think they’re smarter than everyone else 

I would take a scouting job if Tepper offered it to me.

51 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Nah I make more money being a chemist then I would working for a nfl franchise

47 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/how-much-nfl-scouts-make-all-need-know-under-the-radar-team-employees

IMG_1462.jpeg.013532f525b2703ac75950bde0248703.jpeg

I guess if you’re retired and bored out of your mind then sure but it still doesn’t sound all that appealing to me

Depends on the perks and what area you cover. If they cover expenses then I can deal with the salary. I would not need much in the way of compensation. Travel expenses will have to be included or it's not worth it.

David Tepper has verbally attacked  the team & coaches by screaming curse words at them  after losing games then thrown drinks on opposing fans that were simply doing nothing more than  pulling foʻr their favorite team at a home game & then  went into a local Charlotte restraunt because he disagreed with a freaking sign ^& decided to walk in the restraunt & remove someone's hat without their permission  or let's say consent

long story short David Tepper is a loose cannon & no one should feel safe around this guy when he loses .people like Davis Tepper do not  just magically become better with time no just the opposite they generally always  become worse with time  & one of these days some one could possibly be seriously injured as a result of being around David Tepper when he loses ...just saying 

• Pie 1

Of all the fancy tools used in player evaluation, it ALWAYS comes down to the eye test. Far, far from perfect but it is still the most reliable test going. This team under Tep has repeatedly ignored that one most. Crucial. Aspect. It’s like they lose the forest through the trees. Analytics works… when the data inputs are complete. Problem is that there will always be variables that are unique to that particular situation.